Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Gun Hunting or Bow Hunting? (School project) >

Gun Hunting or Bow Hunting? (School project)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun Hunting or Bow Hunting? (School project)

Old 05-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Gun Hunting or Bow Hunting? (School project)

Bowhunting! I put away the gun last year for good, bow only. Just love the challenge, up close encounters, and knowing exactly the quality of the animal I'm harvesting.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

i love em both, i just do them both to get the most time in the woods that i can
X2 i am not voting cause there isnt a both optioni hunt with a bow and gun cause i want to hunt as much as i could, my family isa big gun hunting family, but also quite a few are bowhunters too. so to me they are equal.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

i choose gun because it offers a wider range of game i am able to persue
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt both elk and deer with bow. Everything else including deer and elk with a gun so the majority of my hunting is done with a gun. This includes ML hunting.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:06 PM

It was close, but gun hunting is still number one.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do both. I love any chance I have to get in the woods. Gun, Muzzle loader, bow. But bowhunting is top for me.

My reasons are many. Up close and personal is #1. I've been REALLY close without deer knowing. I also make my own equipment (bows, arrows, etc) so I like being able to use this stuff. It takes much more to be good with a tradbow at 40 yards than even a compound and much much more than a gun. I have done some fairly long range shooting in the past with a rifle. Nothing to dramatic but to put two bullets touching at 200 yards is much like touching arrow shafts at 40 yards. Everything must be done right. The biggest differnce is you can rest a rifle. But everything you do has to be the same...So I don't have 200+ yards to shoot and rifles are illegal to hunt with. My shotgun is acurate but just not nearly as challenging as shooting acuratly with a bow...then on top of all that you have to get close.

Tell you what guys take a deer from 20 feet on the ground without them knowing you were there...talk about a rush.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

I started off gun hunting with my dad, then fell in love with bow hunting three years ago and would rather carry that then my rifle anytime (unless its the end of the season and still no venison in the freezer).
Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love both, but If I had to pick, I would take my bow...

Old 05-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as Im in the woods Im happy. I'd have to say gun for me. It's something about the anticipation and all the activity in the woods. Maybe's its hearing distant shots, talking the guys at other hunting camps after opening day and seeing whats hanging from the deer pole andthe stuff like that. It seems like the night before gun season, you can almost feel the excitement in the air. I live in the city so I can't get much bowhunting in, but I try to have a trip planned somewhere for gun season. Bow season lasts a little longer so you don't know when everyone is out hunting, but opening day of gun season, you know it's going to be fun at deer camps and local restaurants that night. Got to love it!

Man, I went to the wrong school, I would have had a 4.0 if this would have been the subject! Good Luck!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I chose gun hunting. 2 reasons:
1. Although i practice a lot with both, i am much more confident with my gun. I get more nervous about wounding the animal when bow hunting.
2. I just love the sound of the gun going off

Quick Reply: Gun Hunting or Bow Hunting? (School project)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.