Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Removing perfume scent from dresser >

Removing perfume scent from dresser

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Removing perfume scent from dresser

Old 02-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Removing perfume scent from dresser

I' m in the process of building a room in my basement for my hunting stuff. My in-laws gave us a chest-of-drawers and a dresser that they were replacing. I was planning on using them for my clothes storage. However, my mother-in-law must have perfumed every drawer. I have been unable to remove the scent (rather strong) and am refraining from placing any clothes in them because I know the scent will be " soaked up."

Baking soda in the drawers hasn' t worked. Any other ideas?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Removing perfume scent from dresser

You could try spaying them with a clear laquer sealer ,then let it sit until completely dry .Just do one draw first as a test . We had a chest of drawers that smelled of perfume .Yuck. Never tried baking soda in my drawers though.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could try a product called " Nil Odour" or something similar. Basically it is in a small bottle a drop or two may take the smell away, while leaving a neutral smell. It worked when I was kid to hide beer spills from the folks[]! Coffee grounds work better than baking soda at times, but then you' ll have to air out for period. A Lacquer may work but when sealed it can come back for a period of time...the smell of lacquer that is.

You can try also washing with bleach and then some baking soda to take the bleech smell away.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:46 PM

I refinish furniture for a living and stripping inside and out before spraying with lacquer won' t remove strong prefume odors.My guess is you will never totally rid yourself of the smell.Sorry to sound negative but thats been my experience.

woods