Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen Stands need some ideas

Old 05-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stolen Stands need some ideas

i especially like the land mine idea, not only will you get the theives. you will also never miss a deer again, you shoot and miss the buck well then he has to run the gauntlet of mines. all you have to do is pick up the pieces. "hey bill i think i got one of your buckstines stuck in my tree"
Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

heavy duty chain or I would take the seatsection off the stand so all they could steal would be the ladder sections.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a a 10" hardened timber lock screw through the stand and into the tree. the kind i use halve a big wide head with a special star driver. it takes over 100 lbs of force to pull it out. I use a 18 volt cordless drill to set them. haven't lost one yet
this what it looks like they work great it is put out by a company
fastenmaster

Old 05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be sure to report the thefts to the local Police or County Sheriff's Dept in case they are recovered,the next stands you put up be sure to engrave your name and SS # so if recovered you have some idenity on them.Check the local Pawn Shops and Yard sales to see if you can find them and if they do find out the person/persons who stole them be sure to prosecute to the fullest extent.I HATE THIEFS [:@]
Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Expensive, but would be an educator to stand thiefs.

Motion controled pepper spray http://www.defensedevices.com/safe-room-panic-room.html

Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

I had some bastards here in Alberta Canada take chainsaws and cut down three 50' poplar to steal stands during spring bear hunting a few years back.Unbelieveable but true.I've taken to sawing 3/4 the way through branches that appear to be good handles and hoping some a$$ tries them out 25" up.A broken leg beside an active bear bait would make for an enjoyable evening.FOR THE BEAR! Harold
Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

I would put a well camo trail cam there and bait them in a picture to LE will mean alot
Old 05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I remain mystified by the stupidity that would make one put the time, effort, and risk into stealing something that they could get at a garage sale for relatively little.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 AM

Land mines are getting hard to find these days.You only need a piece of fishing line, arat trap and a 12 ga buckshot shell.I guarantee no more tree stands will be stolen.I would get them for sure.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

another idea that i use on any equipment that i purchase:

engrave: stolen from insert name here and includea phone number plastic items can be engraved also with a soldering iron or high speed grinder. may not stop a thief (who can[:@]), but i have gotten a piece of equipment back once, the would be thieves must have seen my engraving and they ditched a 400$ weed eater in a mans front yard and he called to tell me he had it, thank goodness there are still some honest folks out there

Quick Reply: Stolen Stands need some ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.