Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Permission   gone   bad....take a look >

Permission gone bad....take a look

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Permission gone bad....take a look

Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Permission gone bad....take a look

as far as the warden goes, its possible that the owner of the property has had problems with tresspassing before and hasasked the warden to charge anybody he sees on the property with tresspassing. its a shame that the warden cant use his discretion in this case, which he should have. But when the public complains enough to a sheriff, chief, or supervisor ofa law enforcement agency, discretion goes out the window and the officer isgiven direct orders. That may be the problem in this case.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

As one of my not-so-bright foremans said: " common sense is not in the book!"
To the Wardens defense though, they hear every excuse in the world!
I doubt very seriously that you can win, so theres not much use in throwing good money (and time) after bad! Chalk it up and move on!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 PM

Let's look at this - from my point of view.

We owned 106 acres in an area of over 1000 continuious acres.

Not a house in any direction for 3/4 of a mile.

Our place - was posted - by me.

One day I was hunting doe's on our land. After I shot 3 times, there was 2 shots that came from the mountain laurel.

I walked up to see who it was, and it was another hunter. Only this person didn't have permission to hunt there. He introduced him as so and so and told me that he was a Pennsylvania State cop.

Not only did he shoot a doe there, he also bragged that he had shot a nice buck there in archery season.

If you know me - I hate archery hunters.

I told the son of a flower to take his deer and get and not come back.

After all - he is a cop and cops sticks together and even if I called the game warden - he wouldn't do anything - because they all stick together.

A couple of years down the road, I was at a party where a buddy that wasn't quite 21 years old - came to the party drunk. Someone reported a party in the woods and the State Police came - guess who - yep Trooper so and so.

3 hours later - I was sitting in the State Police barracks and was under arrest!

Any other cop = might have told me to take him home and make sure that nothing happened to him and not to start the party back up again.

That guy had a grudge - as a matter of a fact - they had a description of my car and truck on the black board in their ready room where they had their daily meetings.

Public Enemy #1

In your case, Yes you did have permission. But - I think that you are pulling my leg here - if you say that you didn't know that you were on somebody else's property.

In Pennsylvania - for a Posted Sign to be Legal - you must sign your name on the sign in INK!

Furthermore - I think that you figured that you could get away with going on someone else's property - because that was where you saw the Turkeys in the first place.

The Game Warden - didn't just happen to drive down the road and catch you, he was called.

The land owner knew that you were there and as soon as he heard the guns go bang - he knew right where you were and what you was up to - and he was just lucky that the game warden was near by and came as soon as he did.

You got BUSTED because of your own stupidity - and now you have the balls to come on here for support.

I have hunted Turkeys for 25 years and I can tell you that I would never set up in a field where there was other Turkey hunters.

First off - because there are only so many turkeys to go around and second off - it is a good way to get your butt shot.

If you were stupid enough to set up someplace public - where there were other turkey hunters and one of them was dumb enough to think that maybe he could sneek up on one of those turkeys and took a pot shot in the jing weeds at you - you would be spitting #4 shot from now till next week.

Someone I know - had just that happen to them 20 years ago.

Only the person that shot him was his cousin - and he never hunted again.

The guy that got shot - never spring gobbler hunted again.

Your I didn't know story doesn't hold water.

Tell it to the judge.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gosh Rifleman, I'll bet you can even tell us his birthdate,ideal weight, and even how he last cheated on his taxes. [8D]

Could you give me a hand with picking an lottery number?[&:]