Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opinions on Mounting Does

Old 04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinions on Mounting Does

Like most others said, mount it if YOU want to. Don't pay any attention to others ridicule.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same issue with my first buck (basket 6 pt.) a few people said "wait for a bigger one before you spend the money".
I am sooooo glad I didn't listen to them because every time I walk to my bedroom through my loft I take a gander @ the beautiful mount and memories!!!

I had a buddy that did listen too them and didn't mount his small buck. When he saw mine he kicked himself in the butt.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people get really funny about this topic.
I agree w/ most above... if it has meaning to you, then mount it. Who cares what others think. I have a small 8 mounted that most said was foolish to mount. It was my first good buck w/ the bow and I busted my a#$ for him.... trophy in my book.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Spike

i have wanted to mount a doe for years and am still waiting for the right one i shoot about three a year and i am looking for one that is perfect what i mean by that is a doe that looks like it came from a magazine perfect hair lines and ears i have waited 11 years but i know one day it wiil be on my wall
Old 04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

any deer is a trophy in my book and while I don't have a doe mounted at this point, I feel as though it is one's own perogative as to whether or not they want to mount one
Old 04-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets just say it lacks seriously in the "ooooooooo aaaa" category. A doe is a doe...but a nice buck is something entirely different. Personally I wouldn't but thats me. If the only deer worth the memories is the 'first' one I would have stopped hunting years ago.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first bowkill was a doe and I mounted her myself. I love looking at it and just knowing that I will always have that trophy to look back on. I also mounted my first deer ever, which was a button buck. Nothing huge or magnificient but its what matters to you not to everyone else.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: skb2706

Lets just say it lacks seriously in the "ooooooooo aaaa" category. A doe is a doe...but a nice buck is something entirely different. Personally I wouldn't but thats me. If the only deer worth the memories is the 'first' one I would have stopped hunting years ago.
There isn't anything wrong with mounting a doe weather its your 1st or your 100th. I mounted my very 1st doe, it was a doe fawn and I'm damn proud of her!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a doe in the freezer I'm planning on mounting. Got my 10 point comming in the next couple months and want to have him some company

I like mounted does. Something different than the typical buck mount. Hey its your deer you can mount what you want. Sorry you listened to you friends.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the farm we would consider mounting our first doe just like mounting the steer our first burger came from. They make great tablefare but only marginal as wallhangers.