Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Miller and Potts

Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Miller and Potts

Miller and Potts of North American Whitetail have to be one ofthe best hosting pairs of any of the hunting shows on right now. Their personalities work well together and both are very knowlegable. What ever happenned to that third guy they used to have on (sitting between them at the desk)?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Miller and Potts

gotta disagree. they come across kinda cocky to me. i do watch it from time to time but as most of these shows are the same story line. big bucks, hunting the same areas year after year. and whining if its been a whole day in the stand without seeing anything. its not rocket science. go to the right area. pay big money, come home with another big deer. yes im jealous
Old 04-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

I too like the Pott's and Miller. Pat Reeve has went on to his own show(Driven 24/7). Both Greg and Stan have been killing giant deer since long before the nationwide contacts were developed. Stan has killed 3 or 4 200"+ deer. I don't care how much money you have unless you have tremendous skill it ain't gonna happen. I consider these guy's the most legit in the business. Unlike some other beloved pairs they aren't filming an entire season of shows in one location.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stan Potts, are you kidding me? That guy repulses me. Sure, he is an accomplished hunter, but I can't stand watching him on dvd or t.v. He may be a real nice guy, but I just don't care to watch him.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 PM

I have to say they are probably a couple of my favorites, I have seen both for several years on other shows and videos and have always liked them. They have an annual Scouting/Shed Hunting Camp in Illinoois for the last few years, and I have been dreaming of going to learn from them and meet them but just havent been able to make it yet.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg Miller too has gone on to his own show. I saw him at a seminar this winter and he started a show with his son.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't listen to many of the "experts".
For me...
#1) There are no hunts filmed in NH, so the style of hunting tends to be different.
#2) Most of their filming is done on guided hunts, which is other peoples land, and that means they didn't do their own scouting.
So to make a good "story/dvd" they tend to juice up the hunt to keep us interested.

I like to go to a few local shops and talk to the consistant deer hunters for real advice for the areas I hunt.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:16 PM

I like the entertainment but anyone can pay 4000 and go kill a booner...i'd like to see some of these experts come and join me on some public land hunts and see what kind of luck they have.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the guys on TV ar pathetic... and STan potts are you kidding me. I cant stand to look at him let alone listen to his crazy a$$
Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Potts drives me bonkers. Take a breath man. Oh, "give me a minute". I prefer to watch Jim Shockey.

Quick Reply: Miller and Potts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.