Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!! >

Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

Old 02-24-2003, 01:34 PM

Default RE: Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

Hands down the weirdest thing I think I have seen while hunting has to be having a turkey come swooping down and nearly hitting me off my stand while archery hunting. It scared the crap out of me. I am in my stand casing the woods and the tom came down and nearly hit me in the head. I just hear some weird noise next thing I know a wing is in my face and i see him on the ground 20 yards in front of me.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 PM

I have only had one year of hunting experience, but perhaps the funniest thing I have ever seen was while squirrel hunting. I was walking along a dirt road hollowed out through this patch of woods and I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned only the see a squirrel caught in the vines by its tail. It was struggling like mad to get itself upright but it couldn' t manage. I walked back to my grandfather house and got out his old machete made from a lawn mower blade. I took it up and cut the vines at the base of the tree to let it loose. I didnt think it would be the fair thing to do.

This next one isn' t while hunting, but I was camping up at Red Rock Campground. Me and a friend of mine had just put some leftover watermelon on a few treestumps for the animals to enjoy (deer will come right up to you at that campground). I hadn' t laid down for 15 minutes before I heard a scream so curdling I almost had a heart attack at the age of 9. My grandfather later told me that it was two raccoons fighting. Pretty mean fight for a cuple of varmints.

plinker

Know ' em, Hunt ' em, Eat ' em

Old 02-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not huntin' but fishin' , Some friends and myself chartered a fishing boat out of NYC area. We were out about 25 miles and while having a breat day fishing next thing ya know this LOUD noise and the Concord was going in for a landing. It zipped right over our heads, nose in the air, that crazy landing style! I thought I could reach up and touch it! So cool! It looked like it was going to land on the water! Impressive!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Once had a coyote follow me all the way down a treeline in a field i hunt. He was so braisen to follow me only 30 yards apart.

Maybe I was going to be his lunch? [&:][&:]
Old 02-24-2003, 04:44 PM

i was turkey hunting last year and 3 baby foxes ran right by me and my buddies. i grabbed the last one and picked him up. he just looked at me while i gave him a couple pets, let him go after a couple minutes and he ran back off.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not scary or weird but really cool. This past summer I was flyfishing on the Missouri when I watched a hawk swoop down and grab a rather large trout. I was very humbled as I was probably out there for two or three hours without so much as a bite.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

The strangest thing I have ever seen while hunting was a white stretch Limo going out across this field with two guys half way out the sun roof shooting at quail. The game warden did not think it was funny though when we saw him about 20 min. later.
Rick
Old 02-26-2003, 10:38 AM

not really strange but really funny...a few year ago while bowhunting, me dad and i were walking down a trail and spotted a squirrel about 60 yards down the trail. my dad said " i bet you can' t hit um" so of coarse i had to proove him wrong. so i knocked an arrow and let one fly. the arrow flew about 40 yards and hit the ground and all kinds of dust flew..we walk towards where the squirrel was and couldn' t belive our eyes..we saw a big grey bushy thing laying next to my arrow. so we get closer and realize i had cut the tail off the little bugger and he had run away. we never laughed so hard. i know the sounds cruel but it was really funny.
the arrow must have skipped off the ground and nailed him. so the following year i' m up in my treestand and i see this strange little mammel wondering around. then it dawned on me that it was my tailless squirrel alive and well. those things look so weird without a tail. we have seen him the past three seasons so he' s a tough little bugger.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:04 AM

I started off down the road, wrapped in my own thoughts, when I heard a rustle to my left. Spinning around, I saw a flash of white as the tail of a buck danced into the night. I stopped and spoke to him, and he too stopped. Speaking softly, I told him who I was and not to be afraid for I would bring him no harm that night. We shared a moment, standing there, and I joined my spirit with his and we ran together. I could feel my legs tighten as we ran, cells crying for oxygen. My heart and lungs screamed with exhilaration. On and on we went, gliding quietly through the forest, whispering past trees. In time we emerged into a clearing, a place to rest. Thanking my friend, I returned to myself and continued my journey down the road. I was intrigued by the thought that although my spirit is that of the wolf, it is a deer that watches over me. It seemed to represent a kind of balance, the deer feeding the wolf and the wolf keeping the deer strong.

Copyright © Mike Pedde

Quick Reply: Wierd things you' ve seen while hunting!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.