Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Storage tank for child in wheelchair! >

Storage tank for child in wheelchair!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Storage tank for child in wheelchair!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 AM

Default Storage tank for child in wheelchair!

Hey all, I have a friend whos son is 9 and wants to go hunting this year. I have offered to let him hunt on my place with me this year. The only problem is he is in a wheelchair and cant get around very well! I am needing a large storage tank to cut in half and make two stands out of by putting plywood down as a floor and he would have plenty of room to move around in it. If you know of any used or new storage tanks please let me know. Thanks Tim Jackson
Old 03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Storage tank for child in wheelchair!

Couldn't you also make the walls out of wood? If you went to a local (non Corporate) lumbar yard they might donate the wood to you.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah I could, I was just wanting something that was easier and would last him LONGER and easily moved.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM

DB Matrix, or any other large pop up blind for that matter. He would need someone to pop it out for him, but hed likely not be hunting alone anyway. Plenty of room to hunt in, blends in well, and is portable so he isnt limited to just 1 or 2 permanent locations.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Cabelas a few weeks back and they had a ground blind (Cabelas Outfitter Series hub style blind) that was wheelchair accessable on sale for around $199. The whole side of the blind lifted up to make it easily accessable.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Many of the pop-up styles are accessible to wheelchairs, I've even seen one that straps on to a wheelchair turning it into a mobile blind.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 PM

Ok thanks for the info. Ill check them allout. I just had this idea in mind but am open to suggestions!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

you could just make a make-shift blind out of tree limbs and other brush, then you could make it as big as he needs and fit it to his exact specifications...you could still put plywood down as the floor in order to ensure its stability and his safety
Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Another good way is to get 2, 12' hog pannels and 2 6 foot pannels and put 6 t-posts in (3 on each side) then cover the top with a green tarp or plywood. The sides can be shot out of easily or you can cut shooting windows. Then, cover the entire thing in camo netting or brush (Brush works the best because it lasts longer and the limbs stick in easily. Its really easy to make, we made one on our ranch and the whole thing took less than an hour to put up and less than 20 minutes to disassemble and move. Because it is so big, there should be no problem getting a wheelchair in and moving around in it unseen.