Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures >

Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

Old 03-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

I have seen his shows several times and his hunts are not "Hunts". It really bothered me at first but if you watch his shows he really is pushing for hunter's rights and getting our youth involved in the outdoors and hunting. That part is really good but the hunting portion of what he does is just an advertisement and easily seen through.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: targethogs

I would like some of these hunting celebs that do all of this high fence hunting and hunting on exclusive private land to hunt on public land for a couple of years...and then let see where their success rate is.
Good point. That's one reason why I respect Lee and Tiffany's show so much. I heard Lee say a show about a month ago something along the lines of "I wake up every morning and can focus my attention to taking a mature whitetail" Something like that. They own their own farms and they devote their entire lives to hunting mature deer. They are always shed hunting, scouting, hanging stands, they put in all the work.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:32 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I can't stand to watch those guys shoot deer in high fences. I would love to invite those guys out and let them hunt my propety on fall and see how many shows they could put together. If I had $50,000 to blow in a 3 day hunt I would be looking for some more land to HUNT.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Wolf killer

Eastmans Bowhunting Journal, Eastmans Hunting Journal & Jim Shocky are the only shows, I can depend on watching for fair chase big game hunting.
Well, Jim Shocky may be fair chase in a way? All hisdeer are
over bait as you can clearly see. The deer keep to the same place through out his DVD. They dont do that in cattle pasture because of the lack of food that has been grazed off. As well when he says his owns 800 sq miles that just he can hunt at is BS. It is crown (govt) land which all Sask hunters can hunt. Why do these guys have to lie??
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 AM

Might want to cut the guy some slack. Sure, he might not hunt theWAY you guys hunt, (as if you all are the omnipotent judges on how a person should hunt). But he's out there introducing hunting to children, and generally doing good for the hunting community, albeit, trying to entertain folks as well.

You might be interested to watch this: http://www.keithwarren.net/clips/PETA.swf

This in-ranks fighting among us hunters has got to stop. If a hunter is abiding by the rules and laws of the place or statehe or she is hunting. What do you care? If we'd turn half of that anti-baiting and anti-high fence energy toward putting poachers, PETA and other anti-hunting or animal rights activists in their place, our way of life would be much more protected and secure. As it is now, we are extremely divided and groups like PETA are just biding their time until we, as a hunting community, self-destruct, or become too obsessed with being so-called ethics police, that we wake up one day and the next thing we know we have entire governments full of PETA wannabees who are ready to abolish our way of life.

Wake up people.

By the way, I am not a particular fan of any of the TV "hunting personalities" as mostly, they're all just trying to sell us something. But I am not going to sit here and throw stones from a glass house (cough), have a "higher than thou" attitude, or try to further divide our community to the detriment of our way of life.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

I kinda see both sides of it. I can't ever see myself hunting in a high fence, but if my JOB was to put on a show hunting elk/deer and make my sponsers happy. Bet your butt I would be in the fence. He makes a very good living doing what he does. I would take his JOB in a second........ And I bet most of you would too.