Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures >

Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

I would like some of these hunting celebs that do all of this high fence hunting and hunting on exclusive private land to hunt on public land for a couple of years...and then let see where their success rate is.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Well, they made thisfenced hunt into a 2 part series. In the first show, he took a management buck. In the show today, he shot his velvet trophy. He was actually given 2 shots at trophy bucks. He missed his first guaranteed standing shot at a trophy buck as it was rubbing a tree to remove the velvet from its antlers. He said he got lucky and was given a second chance. I am not sure how much luck was involved, but he connected on the second opportunity. He described the hunt as "early season," but in Wisconsin, it is actually preseason.

He spent most of the show talking about scents, trail cameras, and mock scrapes. In reality, everything was set up and guarenteed by the outfitter. All he had to do was walk in, sit down, and make the guarenteed shot.

The entire ranchis about 2000 acres. As I thought about it, they offer both elk and deer hunts. I don't think elk and deer can be fenced together due to brain worm, so the fencing must be subdivided to separate the species and possibly to separate the bucks/elk by antler score (to ensure the correct buck with the correct score goes past the hunter during their hunt). Makes you wonder how large the enclosers actually are.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like the Governor Spitzer of the hunting world. Paying big bucks for a high quality sure thing. Whatever floats your boat[:'(]
Old 03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WYObowfisher

Watching that crap ticks me off. The Nuge was on a show last night shooting high fence deer in Wisconsintoo. It really makes me wonder how many of those guys are the Great White Huntersthey claim to be.

Very damn few... Id love to see some real shows filmed on public land..but I guess the ratings would suck. I think most of the fans of those shows prob dont hunt over 2 days a year anyways.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Sounds like the Governor Spitzer of the hunting world. Paying big bucks for a high quality sure thing. Whatever floats your boat[:'(]

Not that theres anything wrong with that... except getting caught You end up paying either way...lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eastmans Bowhunting Journal, Eastmans Hunting Journal & Jim Shocky are the only shows, I can depend on watching for fair chase big game hunting.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM

I bet this guy never hunts in a high fence:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2708774
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a person wants to hunt on a high fence ranch, then that is thier business. It is not for me, but then I could not afford to anyhow.

I do not like this guy's shows because of the high fence hunting. But remember one thing in the east you need a high fence because of limited acreage. Out west it is called private ranches. I once hunted a 35,000 acre private ranch for elk. There were no high fences, but the elk were not afraid of hunter's. Tom.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love when they say over 180" ....negotiable.....or over so and so negotiable, haha, like can I negiate the price down to like $1500 bucks? lol.

I think sometiems those shows just screw up, or ya they were poaching? haha.

On one show i saw they were hunting in IL, gun season...the guy wasnt wearing orange! I wrote the show about it, and never got a response, nor did I ever see that show rerun....haha.

Or actually he was only wearing like a vest, or a hat, or it was camo orange.....

Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea what a great idea.. let me go pay $10,000 to deer hunt.. Wow

Quick Reply: Keith Warren's Outdoor Adventures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.