Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Milo Hanson Buck

Old 12-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a closer look at the buck... I wouldn't refer to the rack as spindly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqn1-4xvro.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***I agree with that assessment. You immediately see the length of all those tines and the width of it, such that the mass probably does look a lot smaller than it is. I'd also say he's sort of a freak to grow a rack like that so young when normally they say a deer doesn't put that much into it's rack until it's body is pretty much as big as it will ever be. I do envy you guys up there that live where deer have that kind of potential.
They do have that kind of potential but it doesnt matter where you hunt,animals do not get big by being stupid!unless of course you hunt an area that is exclusive like i mentioned previously.i have never taken a boone and crocket deer before and i only know of a small handfull in my comunity that have and trust me it isnt a every year kind of thing for them.i never did fill my tag this year,only big buck i seen was within city limits he was about a 160 class.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for posting lunkerdog
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***I agree with that assessment. You immediately see the length of all those tines and the width of it, such that the mass probably does look a lot smaller than it is. I'd also say he's sort of a freak to grow a rack like that so young when normally they say a deer doesn't put that much into it's rack until it's body is pretty much as big as it will ever be. I do envy you guys up there that live where deer have that kind of potential.

I'm with you on the TV shows and also videos being put out. I don't watch them much or buy them any more since hunting has turned into just an industry, which is very sad after the way I was brought up back in the 50s. There are an awfull lot of private holdings where only a few have access to them and then it's top dollar no matter whether it's high or low fence. I do all my hunting DIY on public land for big game now out in Wyoming and have for some time. There is an awful lot of satisfaction knowing that I can take a good animal for just the cost of my license compared to guys that are paying $4K to $7K for a 5 day hunt for deer and elk just down the road 20 miles on a 100,000 acre ranch that doesn't really have any better animals, but they can keep people out unless they pay the outfitter that has it leased to take them. I really think we're both cut pretty much from the same mold and about the only thing we've disagreed on is the huge high fence ranches in Texas that you wouldn't hunt, but how often are two people going to agree with each other 100% of the time! I'm glad you don't have me on ignore any more, as I like the opportunity to chat with persons such as yourself that have the same basic ethics and passion that I do. Have a good holiday season Bro!!!
Yup i think we started off on the wrong foot.its ok to have diffrences its what keeps us from being robots.and i totaly agree with what you said about takeing pride in harvesting game the old fashion way without dishing out thousands of dollars for.take care and have yourself a great holiday season also.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, thanks for the video Lunker! It does give a lot better look at that beautiful rack. I had no idea that Hanson shot another B&C buck on his property the following year after this top buck was taken. Does anybody remember anything about that one, as I'd not heard that until the NRA guy mentions it in this video?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

I know he shot anouther booner the folowing year but know nothing about it.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I looked up his other Booner. 186 gross and 171 net. Less deductions on his 1993 deer.

The record will be shattered by a buck from Pennsylvania. A true underdog story.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I looked up his other Booner. 186 gross and 171 net. Less deductions on his 1993 deer.

The record will be shattered by a buck from Pennsylvania. A true underdog story.
***That would definitely be an underdog story, but you never know what's lurking out there in the bushes, LOL!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308

How did you find it?iv been looking for it
Old 12-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Skeeter7mm, how much shrinkage was there in the rack from the first green scoring to the final official scoring?

Quick Reply: The Milo Hanson Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.