Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Milo Hanson Buck

Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Default RE: The Milo Hanson Buck

Just adding a little comment here. Famous shed hunter Bentley Coben picked up a shed antler from this deer and has a pic on his site.
http://www.bentleycoben.com
Old 12-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

I know this is an old thread, but Milo Hanson told me directly that the buck was aged at 4.5 years old, possibly 5.5, through tooth wear.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jackmcmanus21
this thing could have been a real monster in a few years
Lol umm yeah,as if being the world record isnt enough
Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jasonlester
I was just taking a good look at the pics of the Milo Hanson buck. An awesome buck for sure. But I was noticing, and it may just be the size of the antlers. But it doesn't carry muck mass for it size. It looks to me that my buck from this year had similar mass (of course not nearly as tall or as many points) Anyone know the age of the Hanson buck?

I think I do....Old enough to be the greatest typical Whitetail ever. I think that's quite enough said, myself.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read 3.5 back around the time it was killed, it never really impressed me, had a lot of inches and was even, but not the mass you would think a record buck should have
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I read 3.5 back around the time it was killed, it never really impressed me, had a lot of inches and was even, but not the mass you would think a record buck should have
Im suprised the antler didnt break off when it went down
Old 12-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by skinnnner
***It really is a pretty spindly rack for a world record animal and not what I would expect in body size either for a Canadian buck! I like the Jordan buck much more than this one as it is a real stud!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
one of milo's shots clipped a main beam and it was taped in the first pic published
RR
Old 12-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
one of milo's shots clipped a main beam and it was taped in the first pic published
RR
Yup i know.he would have been one unhappy camper if it broke off.b and c wont accept a broken antler.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***It really is a pretty spindly rack for a world record animal and not what I would expect in body size either for a Canadian buck! I like the Jordan buck much more than this one as it is a real stud!
There are diffrent species of deer in canada.the large ones are the dakota species which this buck is not.just because a buck has a large body doesnt mean it has a large rack and vis versa.i also would think that a world record should be a heavy old buck with plenty of mass but the tape mesure isnt forgiveing and the tine length and symetry is what makes this buck the record.

Quick Reply: The Milo Hanson Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.