Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
We almost stepped on this antler..... >

We almost stepped on this antler.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

We almost stepped on this antler.....

Old 02-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: We almost stepped on this antler.....

Shedmanpro, he was wishing that Sheds weren' t such a big market and money maker. Many areas I used to shed hunt would only see my boots tracks during the winter, now they look like a highway. Most of those guys are looking to sell not collect. Big business= big competition and big dollars. Really is to bad that some don' t get the real joy out of finding a set of shed. Obviously I am with you on the " wouldn' t dream of selling my treasures" , but many see dollar signs and jump!!!!

BTW, good thin you never parted with your set of 170' s, that guy would be getting a heck of a deal.

Good luck finding your yards and horns. Hope you get to fullfil your dream one day...but you really should try coming and getting one when they are still on their heads...that' s pretty fun too. Bring the boys!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:51 PM

I would really like to see the buck that came from.Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow! Now that is impressive. It looks like a large branch off of a tree.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Nice shed there SB! If I can find it I' ll post one my brother found in MD a few years back. He told me he had it scored and it was 106 and some change non-typical. There' s 14 points on this shed but as you can see the mice got to some of the points.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:13 PM

Wow, that is a fantastic shed!! Points coming out of everywhere. Thanks for sharing.

Skeeter, did you put your pic in the " putting a face to the name" posting?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:45 AM

SaskBucks-Great looking shed!! Don' t feel bad about almost stepping on it.My biggest shed last year I was a few feet away from stepping on and a big elk shed upsate Pa the same way.The elk shed was a 7pt. that was 46" long and weighed 11lbs. Congrats!!

Carpie-I' ve found most of my sets within feet of each other then others that were over a 1/2 mile apart.You never know where they' re going to drop.
My personal count shows I find a set for about every 10 sheds I find.
One of my sets I actually saw fall off the deer.It was a small 6 pointer,when he took off running one side popped off then about 100 yds.away the other side popped off.You never know!!!

MK-M-GOBL-that is still my no.#1 shed I found a guy that would restore the chews,but that means I' d have to trust it to our postal service.NOT.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am with probably everybody on this message board. i look every spring for them sheds and i spend about an hour per shed, but there is no way i would ever sell a shed for any amount of money