HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deer Hunting Shows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/233543-deer-hunting-shows.html)

WhitetailsInc.info 02-19-2008 06:15 PM

Deer Hunting Shows

Where are everyones favorite shows? Post your favorites from Maine to Montana.

Which ones are glorified flea markets?

Remnard 02-19-2008 06:35 PM

RE: Deer Hunting Shows

Springfield Mass, Northeast sportsmans show. @ the Big E

twistedcreators 02-19-2008 07:21 PM

well we have a local deer show where im from if that counts, we kill the deer, then show everyone

Ryan Campbell 02-19-2008 08:04 PM

They are all flea markets. Poorly acted ones at that. Most of the "hunting" is staged after the kill is already done and very little actual hunting ever happens in the first place.

How many "on the last day of our hunt" lines have you heard? Or "if it wasn't for this widgitthingy attached to my bow I would not have had a successful hunt".....

At least Pro Wrestling now admits that they arent really fighting, I wait for the day when Team Pro Real Somethingorother admits that the "hunts" they show on TV arent real either.

sjsfire 02-20-2008 08:05 AM

I've pretty much gave up on watching them, they are pimpin the products they use too much. Of course I know that pays for all the bills. I get tired of watching all these "Professional" hunter shoot and watching the deer run off and then we have to see the "staged" track. Drop'em where they stand boys. Thats what I like to watch.

kellyguinn 02-20-2008 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Ryan Campbell

They are all flea markets. Poorly acted ones at that. Most of the "hunting" is staged after the kill is already done and very little actual hunting ever happens in the first place.

How many "on the last day of our hunt" lines have you heard? Or "if it wasn't for this widgitthingy attached to my bow I would not have had a successful hunt".....

At least Pro Wrestling now admits that they arent really fighting, I wait for the day when Team Pro Real Somethingorother admits that the "hunts" they show on TV arent real either.

I have also heard that most of the kills are not even accomplished by the actor "hunter" . This was told to me by a PH that I met in one the the deer camps I attended. He said that is all in entertainment and should be taken just for that.

kellyguinn 02-20-2008 12:56 PM

After that being said I do enjoy watching Realtree Roadtrips, and you must be crazy if you don't like watchin Tifflay the smackdown on "Getting Close".

WhitetailsInc.info 02-20-2008 07:13 PM

Actually, I Meant trade shows, Expos.

nkyhunter 02-20-2008 07:27 PM

My votes would have to go to.......in no certain order
1-Realtree Roadtrips- Seems like Mr. Waddell has a true passion for hunting and has fun at the same time
2-Gettin Close- Maybe its because of Tiffany but they do lay down some great deer and footage. It also seems as if they have fun while doing it as well
3-Whitetail Freaks- Fairly new show to me and I've only seen a handfull of them but once again always great footage and you also get a background of the hunters (there real jobs, family). They also give you some sort of reason as towhy there hunting that "certain" setup.

nkyhunter 02-20-2008 07:29 PM

Sorry I thought you meant T.V hunting shows, I'd let you know my favorite trade show but i've never been to one