Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree stand noise?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Default tree stand noise?

my buddy gave me his hold climber, that he didnt use, its pretty comfy and not too heavy about 24-23 pounds, but my only issue is i dont know if it is too loud or not. (the reason i dont know is cause i am a newb i am gonna be in my third year of hunting)
Old 02-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tree stand noise?

practice with it in the back yard. it will be loud attaching and climbing with it, but once you get up and rested in the tree, see if it makes any creeks or sounds when you stand up/sit down, or turn side to side.

climbers are great because you can pick a tree on the spot and go up, but they are loud and take time while climbing. the idea is to get to the spot an hour earlier than you wouls if there was a ladder stand there, so you have time to let things quiet down and settle down after the sound made climbing.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Buy you a can of liquid foam and squirt small shots in the tubing...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many of todays new climbers are very quiet. If an old climber is making noise....work with it as best you can, but if it continues to make alot of noise, then do not use it.

My climber is virtually noise free once I stop climbing.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

I use Pam cooking spray. It quiets down the squeaks and causes no smells that alarm the deer. What kind is it?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM

The PAM idea seems a good one, I've used vegetable oil before also. I now use graphite exclusively, doesn't rot, or turn colors. By the by, if your stand makes "any" noise once you're up, I would get rid of it.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM

it only makes noise when i am climbing, but the noise isnt creakin, its the noise of it goin up the tree.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

It'll be fine for now. Until you get used to using it, the grunting and groaning from learning will cover up any noise the stand makes.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

it only makes noise when i am climbing, but the noise isnt creakin, its the noise of it goin up the tree.
You fix that noise, you'll be a millionaire!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Beezer

It'll be fine for now. Until you get used to using it, the grunting and groaning from learning will cover up any noise the stand makes.
ha ha

Quick Reply: tree stand noise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.