Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Homemade Stands

Old 08-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RabidSniperNY
Here is a box stand we built using the elevators that they sell in bass pro. I would recommend using these products. The pic on the right was when we finished the platform, the one on the left is when the walls and roof went up. We have added plexiglass windows that open up.

I agree, the elevators are a huge time saver and a great product. I built a stand using them this spring in my garage, and assembled it in the woods. I do not like heights, but this thing is very sturdy. I got mine online at Gander Mountain (free shipping).

How did you engineer your windows? I am having mine open up and in via a rope with a hook to hold it open. Since they are not all installed yet, I may change the design.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Soilman
I agree, the elevators are a huge time saver and a great product. I built a stand using them this spring in my garage, and assembled it in the woods. I do not like heights, but this thing is very sturdy. I got mine online at Gander Mountain (free shipping).

How did you engineer your windows? I am having mine open up and in via a rope with a hook to hold it open. Since they are not all installed yet, I may change the design.

we used plexiglass and framed them up with some lumber and then attached them using some hinges so they open up. We basiclly made our own windows. We then used a eyelet with a latch so we can just leave them open. They work nice however if I could do it different might think about sliding windows. Although it is nice to have the windows to block the wind and rain sometimes.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RabidSniperNY
we used plexiglass and framed them up with some lumber and then attached them using some hinges so they open up. We basiclly made our own windows. We then used a eyelet with a latch so we can just leave them open. They work nice however if I could do it different might think about sliding windows. Although it is nice to have the windows to block the wind and rain sometimes.

Thanks for the information. My dad has sliding plexiglass windows, and I do not like the noise or restricting the window size when open (my windows are only 20-24 inches wide). Sounds like we have similar ideas on how to make a window.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default H. M. Stands

I sent you a P.M.

Originally Posted by RockinChair
Okay, I realize that this topic was just up not too long ago, but the idea to build one just struck me today. I remember seein some of you guys post up your blinds/standswtih some instructionsand I was just wonderin if you didnt mind puttin those up again? Sorry for my lateness and thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Stand

And it's a great day to be alive.
Stay out of this one!

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default H.m.s.

Not if it is built right.

Originally Posted by PABuck_HNTR
Build it and you WILL Fall
Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted out of homemade stands until this past year, something broke and i was barely in the tree, i am never using them again!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
Not if it is built right.

ITS NOT
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Coleridge
Well, It's not really a closed space (although MANY people cook & heat their house with propane). 3 sides have a 15" full length opening & the back is 1/2 open. There is plenty of fresh air flowing in the box (at head height). The heater also has a "oxygen shut-off" sensor that will turn the heater off if levels are dangerous. It's not really like a sauna, but will keep ones hands warm.

Let's see somemore pictures!
What does "&amp" mean???? Sorry I'm evidently a little slow and can't figure it out.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Spike

This is one of my blinds. Made from natural logs except for the roof of course. I've had deer pass by me as at less than 8 feet away and never know I was there. I hunted this blind for about 3 years prior to putting the roof on. It "was" 4 sided and 6 feet from corner to corner but I destroyed it after the land was sold to a logging company.

Quick Reply: Homemade Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.