Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is he best Rifle of hese days? >

What is he best Rifle of hese days?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Sako
27.59%
TC Encore
3.45%
TC Pro Hunter
0%
Remington
29.31%
Browning
17.24%
Ruger
6.90%
Savage
15.52%
Benelli
0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

What is he best Rifle of hese days?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is he best Rifle of hese days?

ORIGINAL: newguy23

The TC Triumph isn't even on the list whic is the best TC rifle out there (Semi-custom).
What? The Triumph is a production quality muzzleloader! Sure its a decent smoke pole.. but you cannot compare that with Brownings, Remingtons, and the like.

Basically Sako is nearly a semi-custom rifle.
No, its a production main line gun. A near custom gun or semi-custom would be a something like a Dakota, which gives you a list of "custom" options to choose from. Its very nice to be able to sort of "build" your own gun or have it built for you to your tastes. But you are often still limited to a template. You can add this and remove that or if you like this or not you can take away from it. Same with Weatherbys or the Browning Custom Shop. I have a dakota and love it dearly, but its not a total custom rifle in my opinion.

"Custom" rifles are rifles built from scratch specifically for one person. Not from a shopping list of options to choose from. A custom rifle is "I want this, and I want this, and I want it to do this.... make it happen". Most custom guns are shotguns. Fit it critical. The big London gunmakers, Purdy, Boss, H&H (in some cases) are custom gun makers... there is nothing they will not do for you. They take one of their actions... and build the rest of the gun to your exact requirements, and when it is finished... it is one of a kind. That is a custom gun.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is he best Rifle of hese days?

My mistake I meant a TC Icon not Triumph... I was confused.