Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you think about this?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What do you think about this?

Charlie P , I usually disagree with your anti QDM posts
I'm not anti QDM, just don't want it made mandatory. Dude, haven't shot a buck in two seasons and it's not because I couldn't, I've let many walk.

Why post a video like this it doesn't shed good light on hunting.
Well here's why. I have seen this exact thing happen on here. A guy shoots buck and finds it a week or a month later and many will say same thing. "hey at least you found it"
Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure this was video done as a joke, but in very bad taste. I image it was some friend that stumbled on a deer that had been shot and thought it would make for a funny you tube video. However, as others on here have said, it sheds a bad light on hunting/hunters and just provides the anti's with more fire for their cause.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the only way it sheds a bad light on hunting is if hunters don't condem it. This guy put this on youtube where anyone can comment, view or upload it. It's up to us hunters to say no that's now what hunting about.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

BTW,I don't care whatthe anti's think, it's the non hunting 80% of the population we need to worry about.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM

How does he know it was a perfect shot? There is nothing left of it to tell where it was shot from what I can tell.

I read all the comments before watching the video and I expected it to be much worse. Just looked like a dude that shot a deer and couldn't find it right away. Maybe he didn't try very hard in the first place, but I wasn't there to say really.

As far as tagging it, technically it should have been tagged already while he was dragging it.

Not the greatest video I have seen, but I am certainly not traumatized by it. I have seen and heard worse that is for sure.

Paul
Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to know if the guy that posted it is the one that took it. To me it looks as though the guy videoing doesn't realy know the guy dragging. If he does he drug it right by him and on down the road. To me it looked like this guy saw him dragging and pulled out his camera. I don't know any more background than that. It could have been a poacher for all I know. He says perfect shot but we don't know if its gun or bow. Either way why would you drag it anywhere. The coyotes have had most of it for dinner so why not leave it for them. I'm sure he wanted the head. But why the rest.

My biggest problem is I don't know if this guy realy believes he made a good (legal) shot and still couldn't find it, If it was a joke, if it was just found that way, or if it was poached. If he thinks that was a perfect shot and lost it he needs to look at his setup and skills and study deer a bit more.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Obviously this guy is a fellow spitwad hunter. Even with a perfectly placed shot out of a 10" McDonald's straw will take anywhere from a week to 15 years to ethically put the deer down. That is the spitwad hunter's motto: "At least I found it". Congrats to the sucessful hunter.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Obviously this guy is a fellow spitwad hunter. Even with a perfectly placed shot out of a 10" McDonald's straw will take anywhere from a week to 15 years to ethically put the deer down. That is the spitwad hunter's motto: "At least I found it". Congrats to the sucessful hunter.
I agree, I believe he did shoot it and found it a week later.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think it's a joke.

To me it looks as though the guy videoing doesn't realy know the guy dragging.
I agree with that.

I could pull up about ten different threads, where someone on here will post "hey I found it" and it's just a rack and people get on me for pointing out that, the deer is wasted. It happens, that's hunting etc.

Yea it does happen, that is huting. My question is and was how they heck can you be happy about finding it when it's wasted? I'm not talking about leaving a deer over night and the coyotes get it.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What these stupid people don't understand is this kind of crap is what gets the anti's pushing harder to ban our hunting rights.I've got some advice for those "hunters"
1. LEARN HOW TO SHOOT
2. LEARN HOW TO TRACK
3. LEARN HOW TO USE A LITTLE DISCRETION

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.