Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What state to kill a 150" buck- poll >

What state to kill a 150" buck- poll

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What state to kill a 150" buck- poll

Old 02-07-2008, 10:48 PM

Default RE: What state to kill a 150" buck- poll

Ohio isn't even mentioned? Dang. I'm goin with Ohio
Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois, Wisconsin in that order. According to North American Whitetail, they are #1 & #2 all time, followed by #3 Kentucky and #4 Ohio!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

any of those look good except Illinois
Old 02-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

I'm not seein a whole lot of150 inch bucks on that website of yours. Sure Kansas is great and has alot of monster bucks but I don't know about right there on yours. Give em a couple years and they'll be there. WCL
I'm hoping we will see a few here in a few years. Most all of the hunters on our website are under the age of 18, so hopefully we will get a couple big bucks that younger kids have shot, and try to get more kids in to hunting. We are going to be putting a DVD out with all the hunts on it, so maybe something new in the hunting DVD scene will be a hit.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 AM

I see you left out Indiana and Ohio. There are so many variables involved, it's impossible to pick one state and say your chances are better there.150" is a realistic possibility almost anywhere on the continent.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Northern Missouri ( My Choice)
now why would you just say northern missouri and not just missouri

ive hunted north of the missouri ALOT and south of the missouri A LOT
and i see just as many shooter bucks south of it as i do north. and ive seen more 150s south than i have north
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio isn't even mentioned? Dang. I'm goin with Ohio

Nope no big deer in Ohio... good you left it off your list
Old 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wisconsin!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

I'm not seein a whole lot of150 inch bucks on that website of yours. Sure Kansas is great and has alot of monster bucks but I don't know about right there on yours. Give em a couple years and they'll be there. WCL
I'm hoping we will see a few here in a few years. Most all of the hunters on our website are under the age of 18, so hopefully we will get a couple big bucks that younger kids have shot, and try to get more kids in to hunting. We are going to be putting a DVD out with all the hunts on it, so maybe something new in the hunting DVD scene will be a hit.
Yeah dont have to many on the land I hunt either yet. Lots of good ones but not alot of huge ones yet. Had one buck pushin 160 this year I was watchin but never saw him during the bow season. Suposidly a buddy saw him on the neighbors right before xmas so if he is still aound he'll be pushin boone for sure. But he ghosted me this year so I don't excpect to get to many chances at him this year either, hopefully he'll show. Got another buck that will be pushin the 150 mark next year to so I'm lookin forward to this fall. WCL
Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

Yeah dont have to many on the land I hunt either yet. Lots of good ones but not alot of huge ones yet. Had one buck pushin 160 this year I was watchin but never saw him during the bow season. Suposidly a buddy saw him on the neighbors right before xmas so if he is still aound he'll be pushin boone for sure. But he ghosted me this year so I don't excpect to get to many chances at him this year either, hopefully he'll show. Got another buck that will be pushin the 150 mark next year to so I'm lookin forward to this fall. WCL
Here are a couple that my dad has shot here is KS, along with a shed that my brother found, so we have potential!!!

Quick Reply: What state to kill a 150" buck- poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.