Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 2007 Ohio Deer

Old 02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default My 2007 Ohio Deer

well i didnt get a whole lot of time to hunt this year because i started college this fall so i didnt get enough time to hunt bowseason but i got out during gun season and got my first buck on the second morning. After an uneventful first day due to downpouring rain and the deer i saw were all out of range i was up early the following morning. After sitting in my first location which usually always produces deer i moved accross the woods and was greeted by a doe and her two fawns running accross the field 80 yards away. This then made me notice another 4 does feeding between two woods and acting very spooked of something to the west. as i looked west i noticed another older hunter walking out to the woods at 830 in the morning and i kept watching the does and him but they had their eye not on the hunter but on this buck that came out of nowhere running full bore across the field. He stopped just before he would have been between me and a house but he was about 160 yards out. well i decided to shoot even though i have a shotgun with rifled sights which makes it a difficult shot. the first shot missed and i pumped in a new slug at this time he was running right at me and then my second and third shots missed as i reached for shells to reload he started running horizantally to me and i got one more shell in and that was all it took. i did some horrible shooting but i was finally able to get my first buck. not a very big buck and deffinately not the biggest in my area but he is still a trophy to me.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Default RE: My 2007 Ohio Deer

Nice buck, cool story. When he was running right at you, you should've just let him come. Also, take the plug out of your gun for deer hunting.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

i wish i could take the plug out but in ohio we are require to have a plug in so the gun will not hold more than 3 shells
Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats young man!
That's a dandy and never let anyone tell you otherwise.
My first buck was a nice little 6-pointer and I had it mounted.
I think back too that memorable day everytime I pass bye the mount.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck congrats
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM

congrats on a nice buck. yeah missouri is the same way you can only have no more than three shells in your shotgun either.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Very nice buck.congrats.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, WTG
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

great story, and very nice buck!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck. Man opening day was wet wasn't it. I live near Cincinnati. I did pretty good even in the wet. I had no idea it was going to rainand wentout a bit unprepared. Worked out though.

Anyway Congrats.Did I readit right... this was your first buck?

Quick Reply: My 2007 Ohio Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.