Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting on Sunday's

Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting on Sunday's

jcs--you weren't rude or pushy...I came back a little strong because we are being suppressed here in Virginia in or efforts to hunt on Sundays...it is not fair a small minority of people can ruin Sunday hunting for the rest of us. I am just a little pissed off is all. You sound like a good man and I am sorry if I came back too strong.

shadow
Old 01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: DannyD

If a state bans Sunday hunting shouldn't they ban Sunday fishing?
Bike riding?
Football games?
Baseball?
Shouldn't the ski mountains be closed?
Why can i go waterskiing on the lake on Sundays?
You'll probably find one of my daughters at the mall on Sunday afternoon.

I really would like to know how many people who vote to ban Sundayhunting take part in one of these activities on a Sunday
Because none of the things go "BOOM!!"you're comparing apples to oranges. I think that is the concern of the non-supporters. Plus, the safety issuesin those areas where people ride horses, bikes, fish,and other outdoor activities on Sunday.

Lots of small rural churches nearhunting areas. It should be give and take. Ifhunters want the right to hunt on Sunday, and Church-goers want peace and quiet, then thereishappy medium that should be met. Both pay taxes, both are state residents, both are entitled to life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. The problem will be the churchgoers that hate hunters, and the hunters that dont care about church.

And I dont think there was a vote to ban it so to speak, the vote was to overturn the ban. Some other Virginian out there may recall if there was a vote or not. I thought it had a majority vote and still didnt pass. Politics.

Big question is this. Are people who go to church the only ones against it???

Old 02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe we need a law to ban churches from being open on sundays.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Maybe we need a law to ban churches from being open on sundays.
That's been tried...Read your history books...
Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

Because none of the things go "BOOM!!"
The bill that was recently defeated in the Virginia General Assembly was to allow bowhunting onSundayson private land only. It's more than just the "BOOM" argument.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly.... HB1456( http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?081+ful+HB1456) was awesome. It wouldn't have bothered a soul as it was bowhunting only on private land. Bows don't go "BOOM".

But, as usual, the bill died in session and Virginia apparantly doesn't realize there is a separation of church and state. I can see it now.... "Thou shall sit in a church pew and not in a tree stand". [:@]

I'm so angry and frustrated with Sunday hunting in Virginia, I am ready to quit hunting here and go out of state and hunt.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem with Virginia is the people who make the rules are living in the past......Look at the map that BuchA put up........Virginia is one of only seven states that don`t allow Sunday Hunting
....We need to get with the rest of America and Hunt on Sundays..
Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vulture6

Because none of the things go "BOOM!!"
The bill that was recently defeated in the Virginia General Assembly was to allow bowhunting onSundayson private land only. It's more than just the "BOOM" argument.
Oh, doesn't that prove my point...[:@]
Yeah whatthe church really needs, is you there,actually inside the building, so you can open up your pocket book...
AND PAY THAT TITHE...
Thats what its about, they can't collect if you are in the middle of the bush high up in a tree stand in GODS COUNTRY (I might add) PRAYING TO GOD (I GIVE MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL)SOI CAN SHOOT A MONSTER 12 POINT BUCK..
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM

we have the same thing here in CT. iT IS A BUNCH OF bs. It has nothing to do with CHURCH HERE.no sunday hunting sohikershave equal time....yet you are not allowed to hunt state parks for hikers......

plus the bill was bow only private land....no one will be on YOUR land anyway ...it was still shot down ...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

If a state bans Sunday hunting shouldn't they ban Sunday fishing?
Bike riding?
Football games?
Baseball?
Shouldn't the ski mountains be closed?
Why can i go waterskiing on the lake on Sundays?
You'll probably find one of my daughters at the mall on Sunday afternoon.

I really would like to know how many people who vote to ban Sundayhunting take part in one of these activities on a Sunday
Because none of the things go "BOOM!!"you're comparing apples to oranges. I think that is the concern of the non-supporters. Plus, the safety issuesin those areas where people ride horses, bikes, fish,and other outdoor activities on Sunday.

Lots of small rural churches nearhunting areas. It should be give and take. Ifhunters want the right to hunt on Sunday, and Church-goers want peace and quiet, then thereishappy medium that should be met. Both pay taxes, both are state residents, both are entitled to life, liberty and the persuit of happiness. The problem will be the churchgoers that hate hunters, and the hunters that dont care about church.

And I dont think there was a vote to ban it so to speak, the vote was to overturn the ban. Some other Virginian out there may recall if there was a vote or not. I thought it had a majority vote and still didnt pass. Politics.

Big question is this. Are people who go to church the only ones against it???

Vabyrd,
Our gun ranges are not closed Sunday. Lots of Boom going on there. Ever hear a bunch of racing boats on a lake? lot's of noise there.
People shouldn't be riding horses, bikes, on Private land unless we give them permission.

I don't think the Boom factor is the reason. Otherwise the ranges would be closed andboat racing would be banned.and if the horse riding and bike riding is the issue why not allow the hunting on private land?
Peace and quiet my eye. Do you really think the only ones voting against hunting are the people who want to take quietwalks in the woods in the winter? Go hang out on your hunting spot tomorrow and see how many people walk by. Not enough of those people to win a vote.

Oh and onemore thing. My bowdoesn't go boom and there havn't been a lot of reports about horseriders gettingaccidently shot by an arrow around here.

BTW VAbyrd, I'm not attacking you personally. I'm saying if that if someone is telling you that vote against Sunday hunting for those reaasons then they have many more fish to fry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.