Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Super tree stand plans?

Old 02-04-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Super tree stand plans?

Dose anyone have any plans for building a tree house for deer hunting. I am talking about a 8'x8' fully enclosed with windows and a wood stove, super deer stand. We only want it to be 8' above ground (to the floor). Anyone have any advice, thoughts, suggestions?? I want to make so that it lasts for a # of years however i don't want to spend 500$ either. I was thinking of using ruff cut hemlock for the siding? I want to keep it with a county look.

Thanks
eddie
Old 02-04-2003, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Super tree stand plans?

No I don't. I just strap a summit cobra on my back rain or shine!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:44 AM

eddie I'm sort of doing the same thing. I've found some old metal scraps for the frame then I'll finish with lumber. Mine is going to be a bit smaller 4-4, 4-6. If you have a welder or a friend with a welder you'll never find a stronger stand that can last a long time then metal. Look around old bed frames and stuff like that make excellent framing. Just make sure when you build one don't skimp on saftey. The better you build it the longer it will last, and the safer it will be.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:51 AM

I built a permanent stand two years ago. I found you have to search out three at least 6 inch trees, I had poplars, and built a triangular platform. I used roughcut spruce from my uncles farm (true 2 x 6's) and made a very comfortable stand. I did not enclose it but I'm sure you could. Would you like some pics of it? Let me know.

[email protected]

Be a steward of the outdoors. Help to keep our heritage.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:52 AM

There should be an underscore between my first and last name.

Old 02-08-2003, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

I would like to build a couple of them this spring. I have acess to old oak barn wood, so that is what I will be using. A hunting buddy of mine has acess to schoolbus parts, so we will be putting bus windows to shoot from. We want them big enough to be able to sleep in, so we do not have to come in early. We figured to build them on stilts and against a good sized tree for the stability.

Saskbucks, go ahead and post your pic here or send it to me and I will post it for you.

[email protected]

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 02-08-2003, 03:01 PM

As soon as hunting pictures gets back and running I will post the pics of my stand.

Old 02-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Couple of years ago I went up to PA to look at a farm.The land owners brother was a building contractor.

He had taken some old scafolding(sp)and made some fully enclosed stands with ALL the extras you mentioned.You might get it from a contractor,scrap yard,or a large Rental store that rents alot of contractor equipment.

Edited by - aj52 on 02/08/2003 19:14:38