Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

peeing in the woods

Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: pissing in the woods

I believe that thepiss scents you buy in retail stores is no better then human piss. I work at an outdoor retail store in Wisconsin. The deer pee as got to be over a year old. I shouldn't say that about all the scents, but some.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 AM

I have peed out of the tree stand and had deer come in within the next 10 minutes

Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 PM

i shot a deer while i was pissing once... i got it all over myself trying to get my gun up...
Old 01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun hunting pee, smoke, fart, what ever
Bow hunting non of above.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM

I have read an artical when the hunter used dirt from another buck to lace another buck's scrape he had a lot of interest from the dominate buck, he kept a careful watch to get a meeting with the youngster!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:38 PM

what do you think the freshest scents are?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Many moons ago when I hunted on a particular piece of property, I used to park my vehicle in the same spot each time I hunted. What the first thing you do when you get out of your vehicle? You takea leak.

I did this everytime throughout the season. One day when I got there there was HUGE scrape and all the brush and trees were all ripped to crap!

I doubt they smelled my truck.

Since then I have urinated in countless scrapes and man-made scrapes almost always to find them ripped up afterwards. A mature buck is going to go ballistic if he thinks an unknown buck is in his territory. My guess is they can tell male vs female urine easily.

Another time gun hunting(I used to pee in zip loc bags) I had a full bag sitting on my stand. I accidentally nocked it off and watched in horror as the bag spilled all over the branches as it crashed down to the ground! It wasn't long afterwards that a 150" 10 point came towards me from directly down wind. UUUMM no I didn't wait until he stuck his nose in the bag before I shot him just to see if it was actually the human urine that attracted him.

Can I prove it. nope. But I've witnessed it many times. Thats good enough for me.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have pissed out of the tree stand and had deer come in within the next 10 minutes
I also had them come in and stand right in it.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 PM

I Pee when and where I want in the woods with no ill effects that I can tell. I can sit in the stand a long time but I got go.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

pee away where ever i don't think it bothers them. poop maybe but not pee

Quick Reply: peeing in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.