Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pics of the dead deer i found

Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: pics of the dead deer i found

nice little set of horns on him
too bad

Old 01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

im not too sure how he died i saw him in youth season and shot at him from 50-60 yards and missed by a mile (not trying to make excuses but i misjudged the yardage at the time and remingtion sluggers only go to like 40 yds before they drop) i saw no blood trail whats so ever and looked for a real long time. my guess is got shot by someone went on our land and couldnt find em. i couldnt tell the yotes found him

What time of year did you find him and when was this ( youth hunt). 50-60 yards missed by a mile???? 40 yards don't drop much, you sure that isn't your dead deer?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

im not too sure how he died i saw him in youth season and shot at him from 50-60 yards and missed by a mile (not trying to make excuses but i misjudged the yardage at the time and remingtion sluggers only go to like 40 yds before they drop) i saw no blood trail whats so ever and looked for a real long time. my guess is got shot by someone went on our land and couldnt find em. i couldnt tell the yotes found him

What time of year did you find him and when was this ( youth hunt). 50-60 yards missed by a mile???? 40 yards don't drop much, you sure that isn't your dead deer?

im almost positive there were other youth huntiers around there and me and my dad looked for over an hour to find anything to make sure i didnt hit it.
well youth season was 14 and 15 of november i dont remember when i found exactly but i was oon christmas break so im guessing december 20 ish???
when i found it the organs were hanging out and it didnt even smell and i could see that he was earing my corn because there was partillay digested corn all over
Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I guess you got him after all then. Its sad to find dead deer gone to waste, but you have a special bond with this deer so a good Euro mount will be nice. Get out there and Practice with that slug gun. 40-50 yards you should be hitting the same hole,How old are you?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:22 PM

im 15 but im pretty sure i didnt hit it. i asked my dad about it and he is not to sure either and i was kinda sad and mad and he told me nothing goes to waste in the wild which made me fell bettter. by next season i will be able to to hit a hole through a hole at 50 yards i can assure you of that.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well put down the X-box and get your hands on the old 22 ( cheap ammo ) and start shooting. Be ready and zooned in. And if I remember right your a Bow hunter as well? And you haven't ever killed a deer? Your bow is going to be the hardest thing to use when the moment of truth comes, I promiss you that! Be the killer I know you can be!!!! Pretend your Master Chieff 117, taking on the whole Covenant Fleet, And then the Flood,Shoot all of them and Save Earth.... Sorry went off on a Halo bit....
Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 AM

Pretend your Master Chieff 117, taking on the whole Covenant Fleet, And then the Flood,Shoot all of them and Save Earth....
what does that mean? i dont got an xbox just a computer and old nintendo 64
Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 AM

here is a picture of it now

Old 02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That doesn't look verry good buddy. What happend to the bone around the eye socket? To finish your process a little quicker, try puting the head into a bucket of water and leaving it there about a month or so. You will have to keep it submerged and out of danger ( from dogs and coons ) Parasites will form in the water and finish the job for you, its called masicration. very smelly though.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

That doesn't look like any head I've ever boiled and prepared for a skull mount ! I still like the rack........but I'll be surprised if the skull ever looks white.

Quick Reply: pics of the dead deer i found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.