Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whos wife goes in the woods?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default RE: Whos wife goes in the woods?

I lOVE to hunt and fish! Been going since I was old enough to tag along.Have had a liveinboyfriend now for over 6yrs.He hunts with his uncles on his own property from a shack,I like the freedom of roaming our Ntnl forest with my uncles. We have agreed to dissagree on hunting preferences and consider it a 9 day vacation from one another LOL! We call and share stories about midway though the season. We do on occasion fish together but I and my Uncle take it far to seriously(fish all day) for his laid back taste(wake up and set the hook)Gotta luv him though he does clean the fish and has taken a real shine to musky fishing(my favorite).
Old 01-30-2008, 06:18 PM

haha,nope,there's no shopping malls in the woods!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I'm in the minority these days, but taking the girlf/wife into the woods, isn't a big cause of mine, personally I like my time with the guys, getting away from the wives/girlfs, if a woman loves to hunt, or wants to, sure bring her along, and come out, but I'm certainlly not forcing her to, or dare I say encouraging? I may ask or offer if she had any interest to. Just as I'm all for her having her girl time, any guys/hunters tag along for ladies night? Or tag along to the beauty shop? I sometimes wonder if there are any other guys/hunters out there who feel the way I do about this topic, I almost feel that its so PC these days to want the wife to hunt, or come with, or encourage everyone to try hunting, are we really losing that many hunters we need to recruit? Seems to me every father that hunts, has a son, or sons, and daughters that hunt. I understand wanting to share a special experience with your most loved one, all I'm saying is, to me hunting is more of a guy time thing to me, and I enjoy sharing it with my buddies.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Shiat-canned my trailer trash wife of 20 years to upgrade last year. Shared zero activities. Couldn't take it anymore. Happiest guy on the planet now. Met my awesome girlfriend 6 months ago on FriendFinder.Com. She bikes like a champ, loves hiking, shed hunting, archery, and hunting! We go all the time. I'm now applying in several states trying to draw us good tags to go archery elk hunting this fall. On top of all this, when she saw what a biatch it was for me to locate a meat processer here in CWDland last October, she cleared out an area in her warehouse for us to process our own deer. She wants to butcher too, as she learned while growing up. She's president of a chinese tool distributer and can do what she wants in their huge warehouse. Heehee. We have an archery range in there too. When I had my old ball & chain I never thought I would be this happy. We are not married yet, but living together (not my idea). I would marry her in a minute if and when she is ready.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Here she is on her first bowhunt last October. Since then she's become very dedicated to archery. We went to our first 3D shoot Saturday. She is hooked.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife loves shooting Clays and Pheasant hunting. Can't get her to go deer hunting,yet. As she doesn't have the time, but she loves when I go and glad to get me out of her hair.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Spike

OK, took the wife on her first elk hunt.

Got her all setup on a ridge with a nice panorama to keep her interest. Went to the other side of the ridge and started glassing.

Sure enough, not 15 minutes go by and I hear a shot. Just one shot, so you know it's gotta be good. Begnner's luck strikes again.

So I pack up the scope and such, and head over the ridge to see what's up. As I get nearer, there's a big ruckus, lotsa yellin' and such.

Anyhow, the wifes yellin' "That's MY ELK!!! MY ELK!!!"

So I come over the ridge and she's still yellin' "Thats MY ELK!!!".

Then I notice the cowboy, tryin' to be polite and calm her down:

"Ok, OK lady, that's YOUR elk." "But please, lady, please,

can't I just get the saddle off him!"