Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whos wife goes in the woods?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whos wife goes in the woods?

My wife likes to fish but thats it,when it comes to huntin she has no problem with me doing what I want to do.She would rather stay home and watch football,baseball and basketball.....Shes into the football game right now and Iam here.I really dont care for football,baseball or basketball.For me it's huntin-harleys and hotrods and more huntin....
Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

My girlfriend was like a little Prissy city girl. Kind of like a valley girl. Well she saw me shooting my bow and said she wanted to try that. I took my old bow to the shop with her and got her completly set up. Took about two weeks for her to him the pie plate at 15 yards every shot. Then like a light turned on, she was on fire. Every shot a bullseye. Took her out one day and sat with her in the bow stand. A doe comes out and she draws back, thisw thing is like 15 yards. I look up at her cause I heard something ticking. She was so nervouse the tip of the arrow was bouncing in the rest. She shot and missed,the deer ran a little and came back to the same spot. again, shot and missed. She took it really hard that she couln't hit it. without telling her she went home and practiced and practiced. She said she cannot wait till next year and "Catch One" she says. She also never shot a gun before and I can't keep her away from my 17cal. now. I am lucky!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

My future wife wanted to try turkey hunting. First trip she shot a nice tom. Then she wanted to try bowhunting. Went out a few times and we couldnt get a deer close enough for her to shoot. She watched me shoot one that wouldnt come close enough for her. Then second day of gun season she shot a huge doe at less than 15 yards. Now shes hooked and thinks its pretty easy.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

I go into the woods to get away from my wife. J/K
Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Dave_G

"Whos wife goes in the woods."

Mine does, as long as there's no one else but me watchin'. :^)
Thats a good one Dave

My wife has hunted on and off with me our 17 years togeather. She has never gotton a deer,she's had some shots but never hit one. My daughter 16 has gotton two,a nice 6pt and a button buck. I think I'm gonna take my wife out turkey hunting in the spring and call one in for her. I think it's about her turn and she has never been turkey hunting.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to take my ex out--she kept finding her way back home though[:@]
Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wifes not big on hunting but she loves to come help track. Shes a natural at it. She can see blood that I cant. Shes a big help and its nice to have her with me to share the excitement of finding that deer whether its a buck or a doe.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

One of our toilets is down right now, sowhen I'm perched on the other one mine goes in the woods. It isn't a regular habit type thing, just when it's necessary and I'm in deep concentration.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Spike

My wife and I talked about her going with me - but we both decided she couldn't stay quiet long enough.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 AM

some of my best hunts were filming my wife take her first bear and wild hog. This year its turkey and bear that are in trouble. I think it is great for our daughter to see mommy involved in the outdoors. Makes it the norm.

Quick Reply: Whos wife goes in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.