HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   my first good buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/226984-my-first-good-buck.html)

ntcbassman 01-13-2008 08:05 AM

my first good buck

hi guys, im from s.e. massachusetts and am a 38 year old NOOBIE hunter (2nd season in the books).. season one i struck out but this season i had a little more experience and some lady luck on my side. i gota button buck (thought it was a doe) on nov 30.

on dec. 26, 2007 i was lucky enough to run into this guy (50 cal. muzzle loader @ 45 yards). i haven't had him scored yet but the taxidermist will officially score him. he estimates about 140's. whatever he scores im thrilled to have got him.

nice site. im still in awe of the HUGE bucks that come from the midwest.

trophytaker_browning 01-13-2008 08:10 AM

RE: my first good buck

congrats it always feels good when ur coming off a bad season

Bake North 01-13-2008 08:50 AM

Congrats great deer.What make of muzzelloader are you shooting?

Jasonlester 01-13-2008 09:22 AM

second year and you get a buck like that...your doing something right

Congrats!!

newguy23 01-13-2008 09:41 AM

BEAUTIFUL tyipcal buck... I am a sucker for brow-tine and mainbeam length... and he has both... Nice mass as well... Definately a 140-class buck.

NiceAndBlue 01-13-2008 09:49 AM

wow! to get a buck like that in only your second season is great. that buck is a trophy anywhere in the country especially from Mass. well done!

ntcbassman 01-13-2008 09:50 AM

thanks. im using a cva 50 cal. kodiak. this buck took off and i thought i missed but he probably dashed about 60 yards or so and i heard him drop. that was a great sound. seeing him on the ground was surreal. :D

Robert L E 01-13-2008 10:02 AM

Great deer. You must have kept your cool because you made your one shot count. Getting a brute like that on your third year may have spoiled ya.

Trophytaker_browning said that you had had previous bad seasons. I don't think I have ever had a bad season deer hunting and I don't think you said you've had any either. Just because you strike out or shoot a button, that does not mean you had a bad season; if it does that means I have had quite a few and, funny, I don't remember ever feeling like I've ever had a bad season. Something kept you in the game after not getting a deer the first season after all.

Bob

ntcbassman 01-13-2008 10:12 AM

my first season 2006i had some opportunties (painful learning experience all with the bow).. the gun season in mass (shotgun/muzzy) i never put myself in position but did learn.

i have been very fortunate to make connections with a first rate hunter here in mass. he's help me along quite well.. (sat in a tree with me on a sat morning the day after he got a 9 point brute).. he noticed i was TOO LOUD.. "little" stuff i had overlooked.

after that "hey the deer are showing up"... go figure!!

IAhuntr 01-13-2008 11:05 AM

Awesome first buck! Congrats.