Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bob cat on doe!!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bob cat on doe!!

]I just got an email from a friend that sent me pictures of a bobcat that has got a death grip on a does neck and they are both dead. The story goes that a hunter shot a doe and when the doe hits the ground a bobcat goes to it and bites it in the neck, the hunter then reloads and shoots the cat but the cat does not let go of the doe. I do not know how to post any pictures.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Bob cat on doe!!

I can't remember what the board rules are. Maybe I won't get in trouble here...

Send them to my emial: [email protected]

Moderators, if I am not supposed to do that please excuse me.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is there two "a" in your email address. I sent them.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM

Can you send them to [email protected] as well please?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the story first hand from John and the photos

Subject: Last day of Hunting season

Good Morning,

I just wanted to share with you an amazing end to a great 2007 hunting season. Yesterday I was sitting in my stand on a small food plot just off CollySwamp in BladenCounty. I was enjoying a beautiful sunset and hoping that I might get one more opportunity at a doe to take to the butcher for processing. Then I spotted some movement in a corner of the food plot that was partially blocked from my view by some trees. I was able to tell that a mature doe with two button bucks entered the food plot but I did not think that they would move into an open area for a shot before dark. Suddenly all three deer became alarmed and began looking toward the woods where they had entered the field. The doe then blew at whatever was approaching and turned and bounded into the middle of the field followed by the two smaller deer. Well this gave me a clear line of sight at the doe so I put my crosshairs on her. I started to squeeze the trigger but then I began to wonder if it could be a big Buck that was making the deer nervous. Then the three deer all blew and ran a little further across the food plot, stopped again and looked back on full alert. Well I decided that it was most likely not a buck that had them startled so I shot the doe. When I shot, the two button bucks ran away while simultaneously a 20 pound bobcat ran into the field and put the death lock on the neck of the doe I had just shot. Amazed by what I had just seen, I shucked another (also my last) shell into the chamber. I could not believe that the bobcat was still there after the sound of the shot and me reloading but he had locked onto a big meal and did not intend to give it up. I put the cat in the crosshairs and squeezed off my last round, he did not flinch. I thought I had missed him. I sat still for a little while and then I yelled at the cat to see if he was still alive, I got not reaction. I climbed down from my stand and approached the two animals in the field. The Bobcat still had a death grip on the doe and was looking right at me as I approached, with an empty gun. What I saw amazed me. The Bobcat was stone cold dead but he still maintained his grip on the doe. I called everyone at camp to come look and take pictures. When it was time to load the doe in the truck we had to load both the doe and the bobcat because I could not separate them. Attached are some pictures of this amazing event. I hope you all have a safe, successful 2008.

Have a great day!

John Clark

Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! That would be pretty cool to see, though. I'm thinking full body mount w/ Bob cat attached just the way you shot it..[8D]

Cool pics...thanks for sharing!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 PM

WOW!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Allen, maybe one of these days I will be able to work this computer enough to add pictures.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taht is awesome
Old 01-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.