Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who would shoot?

Old 03-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who would shoot?

dont shoot no matter how bad you want to

Adam Bowman
Southwest Ohio
Old 03-21-2008, 07:23 PM

In Minnesota party hunting is legal. I have always hunted with my dad and uncle and we always go through the what ifs. We tell each other if you hear shooting then in 5 minutes hear 2 quik shots that mean don't shoot horns. Party hunting obviously wasn't legal for your friend, but if it happend to me I would shoot. Trophys are few and far between where we rifle hunt , plus lots of hunters around the property. We never shoot more deer than we have tags for. I know my dad or my uncle would not be mad if I used there tag for a trophy. If it is legal than it is not poaching.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id shoot if i was on my own property, but than again i probly wouldent have shoot a 4 pointer thinking it was a doe... how does that even happen.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:41 AM

I guess it would depend on the laws of the state. If you can party hunt and have it worked out with all the people in the party then it might be okay. If it not legal in the state and you shoot it is poaching. I guess I am more of a hunt to eat type person so I would probably not have shot.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

NO way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are supposed to only shoot a deer for another person in Wi if you are with in talking distance. Not too many people follow this law.

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift

In WI, with gun, group hunting is allowed under certain conditions. That is, it is legal for you to shoot a deer for another hunter's tag. The other hunter has to be hunting with you at the time.Of course, the rule is stretched past the limit by many. Bottom line, you have to work it out ahead of time with the other members of your group. If you haven't had the discussion, you can't shoot.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Absolutly NO! That is what the law calls POACHING! He went by the rules, he was correct.
2x
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM

Yep that was the right thing to do.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM

id shoot in a heartbeat
Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Spike

I agree with the consensus.
I always say the more you know the less that old timber ghost will grow. But in this case it doesn't really matter what you know, other than it would be against the law to bring that old ghost down.

AJackson

Quick Reply: Who would shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.