Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who would shoot?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Who would shoot?

I dont wanna sit in here wastin my time with you fricken noobies. CHeck out my fricken post so i dont embarass youin front of everyone. http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=2569558
Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

In Ontario, you are allowed to use the tag of one of your hunting party members. However, this to me is quite simple. You are breaking the law if you shoot was you are not legally authorized to do.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Absolutly NO! That is what the law calls POACHING! He went by the rules, he was correct.
x2
Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

He did GOOD!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Fork Horn

Party hunting is legal here in Iowa during the two shotgun seasons. I would probably be able to take the deer legally. We generally do not shoot bucks on someone else's tag though.

With does we do it frequently. We buy extra antlerless tags and let others in the party know that we have them. My boy also shot a small buck, thinking it was a doe. He was not happy about it and had already tagged a buck with his own tag. The ground was frosty and the small antlers did not show up against that background. He was able to cover his butt by legally using his uncle's tag. Again, it is not something we generally do with bucks even though it is legal here.

Bob
Old 03-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

as much as i would want to take the big 10, if i didnt have a tag and could do it legal, i wouldn't do it...................(i hope)
Old 03-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your out of luck!
Maybe next year.
The big one got away.

I don't think I would have said he was 20" wide...
I would have said he was THIRTY inches wide and 350lbs.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know either[]Just don't know.
I would never ever do it, but it would haunt me every day for the rest of my life.
I'm currently playing Cabels Big Buck Adventures, and I can't even get past the first round cause, every animal(thatboasts a big rack)and comes into view gets toasted or at least a hail mary bullet is thrown at it.
All I'm suppose to be shooting is shooting antlerless deer and can't bring myself to do it in a video game.
I've been playing this game since Christmas.
All I can say is thank god I live where I live and I'm not lawfully required to shoot does before I get a buck tag.
When I hunt I've got 5 tags on me (elk, deer (3),goat, sheep and moose) and since 2 or three of these diff animals
over lap each others habitats, in any givin area I hunt, I'm good to go....
Honestly, it would be my worst nightmare come true,if I had to let a B&C walk away that was only 15yrds away (at the time) because I was out for the soul purpose of killing does
due to not having a buck tag..

Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Well last week he shot what he thought was a doe that ended up being a 4 point"

yikes

definitely did the right thing in not harvesting the buck though

Quick Reply: Who would shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.