Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting off season on private land? >

Hunting off season on private land?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
14.58%
No
85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting off season on private land?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:00 AM

Default Hunting off season on private land?

I know this is probably going to be a big debate so dont get wacked outta shape about anything.
How do you feel about on your own land hunting with a gun during bow season if you dont have a bow or what not???
You process the meat yourself and follow the bag limits for bow season
How do you feel about this?

Do you think that if caught you should be fined and have license taken away as if you were poaching on someone elses land for the racks on bucks????
Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting off season on private land?

it might be your land, but the wildlife belongs to the state. you wouldbe poaching. play by the rules.

or, put up a 20 foot fence, free all the animals living on the parcel,stock your own that you bought, then have at it.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 AM

If you are hunting out of season it is poaching, plain and simple. Especially if it is game that requires a special tag.

Do I agree with it? I don't know for sure but it doesn't matter because it is indeed illegal.

Paul
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you talking about basically having no bow season on your private property, just have a "shoot em with whatever you want to" during one long season? I don't quite understand the second paragraph/question.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey if you don't have to have seasons no one should.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you get caught, you are in big trouble. However, with a good lawyer, you might get considerably less punishment for meat hunting on your own land compared to rack poaching on someone else's.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You process the meat yourself and follow the bag limits for bow season
If your not going to follow the law for the type of weapon then what does the bag limit or season matter. How about if its day or night. The rules are there for a reason. We may not all agree with every last one of them but they are the law. Even your private property falls under these laws.

Do you think that if caught you should be fined and have license taken away as if you were poaching on someone elses land for the racks on bucks????

Yep I sure do. We as hunters are required to uphold the law. If we stoop to poaching tactics to take me we are not doing our fellow hunters any favors and doing a big disservice to huting in general. We have enough problems with people wanting to stop hunting to try something like this.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:16 AM

i mean shoot them with a shotgun during the 6 month bow season
shotguns are legal to shoot deer in ohio
im not talking about shooting the deer with a 30.06

Old 01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

WOW......I would say follow the rules, or get a second job and buy a damn bow...
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you'd draw the line at using the correct weapon for Ohio gun season. And if that didn't work for you? Would you go farther. How about your neighbor. Or there neighbor. If you didn't report that for your tag, you'd still have a tag. Would you be the least bit tempted to go get yet another deer.

Like I said before LAWs are LAWs. They are there for a reason.

Quick Reply: Hunting off season on private land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.