Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting off season on private land? >

Hunting off season on private land?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
14.58%
No
85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting off season on private land?

Old 08-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

I remember talking about this with downstaters. They said why, it is easy enouh to get welfare. Different people.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

If you are hungry now, you might not want to wait. Not sure how many deer they come up.

Many areas they are just field rats.

I just place a different weight on taking a buck illegally and claiming you shot it legally, and someone shooting one to eat.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

That nonsense about shooting a deer illegally because a person had to to feed his family is a load on crap. In this country it is easy to get welfare and food stamps and there is no justified reason to be poaching. There are only weal excuses and it is sad and pathetic that hunters still buy into this nonsense. Why not rationalize armed robbery at the local stop and rob is ok because some bum needed money to pay his bills and buy his booze. This is not the time of the great depression before welfare. I believe those who can justify the illegal taking of game do so because they do it!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
That nonsense about shooting a deer illegally because a person had to to feed his family is a load on crap. In this country it is easy to get welfare and food stamps and there is no justified reason to be poaching. There are only weal excuses and it is sad and pathetic that hunters still buy into this nonsense. Why not rationalize armed robbery at the local stop and rob is ok because some bum needed money to pay his bills and buy his booze. This is not the time of the great depression before welfare. I believe those who can justify the illegal taking of game do so because they do it!
I fully agree with you here

BUT just so you guys know, this is an almost 10 yr old tread you's dug back up LOL
I think hunting season better get here soon, were digging deep to stay active here HAHA!
Old 10-16-2021, 08:09 AM
Spike

Lets see what the Word of god Says biblereasons hunting

From the beginning man was put in charge.

God told man to rule over the earth and subdue it.

1. Genesis 1:28-30 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth andsubdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

2. Psalm 8:6-8 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.

God gave the animals for food.

3. Genesis 9:1-3 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.

4. Psalm 104:14-15 You cause grass to grow for the livestock and plants for people to use. You allow them to produce food from the earth wine to make them glad, olive oil to soothe their skin, and bread to give them strength.

There was definitely hunting in Scripture.

5. Proverbs 6:5 Save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6. Proverbs 12:27 The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

Animal skin was used as clothing.

7. Genesis 3:21 And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife.

8. Matthew 3:4 John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey.

9. Genesis 27:15-16 Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins.

10. Numbers 31:20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood.”

The Scriptures talk about skilled hunters and men who killed animals.

13. 1 Samuel 17:34-35 But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it.

14. Genesis 10:8-9 Cush was the father of Nimrod, who became a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD.”

15. Genesis 25:27-28 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was content to stay at home among the tents. Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob.

Bible verses about hunting for sport

The problem is not if it is OK to hunt for food. Scripture clearly shows we can. Is hunting for sport a sin? This is the huge problem for many people. Nothing in Scripture says we can hunt for fun and nothing says that we can’t hunt for fun. Hunting for sport should be thoroughly prayed about and we should be fully convinced. If you are having doubts you should not do it.

16. Romans 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Sport hunting does benefit in keeping the population of some animals in check.

17. Deuteronomy 7:22 The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you.

Examples of hunting in the Bible

21. Lamentations 3:51 “What I see brings grief to my soul because of all the women of my city. 52 Those who were my enemies without cause hunted me like a bird. 53 They tried to end my life in a pit and threw stones at me.”

22. Isaiah 13:14-15 “Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, they will all return to their own people, they will flee to their native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword.”

23. Jeremiah 50:17 “Israel is a hunted sheep driven away by lions. First the king of Assyria devoured him, and now at last Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has gnawed his bones.

24. Ezekiel 19:3 “She raised one of her cubs to become a strong young lion. He learned to hunt and devour prey, and he became a man-eater.”

25. Isaiah 7:23-25 “In that day the lush vineyards, now worth 1,000 pieces of silver, will become patches of briers and thorns. 24 The entire land will become a vast expanse of briers and thorns, a hunting ground overrun by wildlife. 25 As for all the hills once cultivated by the hoe, you will no longer go there for fear of the briers and thorns; they will become places where cattle are turned loose and where sheep run.”

Dont see Anything in there about hunting with a gun out of man made seasons.

Old 10-17-2021, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mossbergman11
I know this is probably going to be a big debate so dont get wacked outta shape about anything.
How do you feel about on your own land hunting with a gun during bow season if you dont have a bow or what not???
You process the meat yourself and follow the bag limits for bow season
How do you feel about this?

Do you think that if caught you should be fined and have license taken away as if you were poaching on someone elses land for the racks on bucks????

I think is it a completely stupid idea. If anyone took the time to think before they suggested an inane idea like that they would realize that would be the end of the average American having the ability to hunt. What part of the game does not belong to the landowner escapes you? Thee is a reason our country has the wildlife laws and hunting laws that we have. It is because the people who made America came from countries that did nit allow anyone but royalty and landed people to hunt for wild game. It is appalling and shows how poorly our school systems have taught our children for anyone to askes such a question!!!!!
Old 10-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

i am 15 and i was just wondering how you guys felt about it. i really dont think there is a real big problem with shooting a doe with a shotgun the day after gun season is over but we all have our own opinions.............................
I think it is an extremely stupid idea which would put us back to the days in England where only landed people could hunt. And yes we all have an opinion, sadly yours is stupid!!!!!
Old 10-19-2021, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by manadevil
Lets see what the Word of god Says biblereasons hunting

From the beginning man was put in charge.

God told man to rule over the earth and subdue it.

1. Genesis 1:28-30 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth andsubdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

2. Psalm 8:6-8 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.

God gave the animals for food.

3. Genesis 9:1-3 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.

4. Psalm 104:14-15 You cause grass to grow for the livestock and plants for people to use. You allow them to produce food from the earth wine to make them glad, olive oil to soothe their skin, and bread to give them strength.

There was definitely hunting in Scripture.

5. Proverbs 6:5 Save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6. Proverbs 12:27 The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

Animal skin was used as clothing.

7. Genesis 3:21 And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife.

8. Matthew 3:4 John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey.

9. Genesis 27:15-16 Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins.

10. Numbers 31:20 Purify every garment as well as everything made of leather, goat hair or wood.”

The Scriptures talk about skilled hunters and men who killed animals.

13. 1 Samuel 17:34-35 But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it.

14. Genesis 10:8-9 Cush was the father of Nimrod, who became a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD.”

15. Genesis 25:27-28 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was content to stay at home among the tents. Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob.

Bible verses about hunting for sport

The problem is not if it is OK to hunt for food. Scripture clearly shows we can. Is hunting for sport a sin? This is the huge problem for many people. Nothing in Scripture says we can hunt for fun and nothing says that we can’t hunt for fun. Hunting for sport should be thoroughly prayed about and we should be fully convinced. If you are having doubts you should not do it.

16. Romans 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Sport hunting does benefit in keeping the population of some animals in check.

17. Deuteronomy 7:22 The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you.

Examples of hunting in the Bible

21. Lamentations 3:51 “What I see brings grief to my soul because of all the women of my city. 52 Those who were my enemies without cause hunted me like a bird. 53 They tried to end my life in a pit and threw stones at me.”

22. Isaiah 13:14-15 “Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, they will all return to their own people, they will flee to their native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword.”

23. Jeremiah 50:17 “Israel is a hunted sheep driven away by lions. First the king of Assyria devoured him, and now at last Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has gnawed his bones.

24. Ezekiel 19:3 “She raised one of her cubs to become a strong young lion. He learned to hunt and devour prey, and he became a man-eater.”

25. Isaiah 7:23-25 “In that day the lush vineyards, now worth 1,000 pieces of silver, will become patches of briers and thorns. 24 The entire land will become a vast expanse of briers and thorns, a hunting ground overrun by wildlife. 25 As for all the hills once cultivated by the hoe, you will no longer go there for fear of the briers and thorns; they will become places where cattle are turned loose and where sheep run.”

Dont see Anything in there about hunting with a gun out of man made seasons.
Don't come around here preaching and bible thumping, this s not the place for it and your premise you elude to is completely stupid!!!
Old 10-21-2021, 01:41 PM
Spike

Rules apply to all land not just public land. Only thing you don't have to do on private land is sit in an orange camo blind.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know this is probably going to be a big debate so dont get wacked outta shape about anything.
How do you feel about on your own land hunting with a gun during bow season if you dont have a bow or what not???
You process the meat yourself and follow the bag limits for bow season
How do you feel about this?

Do you think that if caught you should be fined and have license taken away as if you were poaching on someone elses land for the racks on bucks????
Yes, you should be prosecuted and have your license revoked. Land ownership does not give you special privileges. When the founders of this country came here they created a government that did not give the right to take game solely to landowners but to all citizens. If you do not obey the law, land owners and none land owners should receive the same penalties! The reason is because the game does not belong to the land owners, anyone who violates the game laws is stealing from the Commonwealth which is in reality the people of the commonwealth

Quick Reply: Hunting off season on private land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.