Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting off season on private land? >

Hunting off season on private land?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
14.58%
No
85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting off season on private land?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting off season on private land?

My opinion is more then not based off legallity of the situation. If it is illegal, I don't do it. You do what you want but if that game warden hears a gun shot during bow season, he might come looking for you. Be ready for a fine!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 PM

boy, quit listening to what other people say and do what is right.
sure there are laws that you might not agree with but that still doesn't make it right!
where I hunt, just two and a half miles away across the county line firearms season last from November 10th though January 1st.
but where I am it's from November 17th through the 15th of December.
the deer population is the same here as it is there but you will never see me hunting out of season.
if you're caught hunting out of season the state can revoke your hunting privileges for two or three years and stack a hefty fine on top of it.

hunting is a privilege not a right.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

really dont think there is a real big problem with shooting a doe with a shotgun the day after gun season is over but we all have our own opinions.............................
when isn't allright a week after a month?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kid, I really hope you can see the error of this type of thinking and not be a part of it when you grow up. It is poaching, flat out. Wrong and illegal by any sense of right and wrong. You have a lot to learn and hopefully you do.

One day out of season, its only a doe, everyone around here does it, well they eat the meat, etc etc are all LAME excuses used by poachers to justify their ILLEGAL actions. I hope they all get caught and get their just punishment.

And one more thing, don’t expect to come onto a hunting board with law abiding people and tell stories about illegal activities and expect them not to react towards you. Just another thing to your long list of items to learn.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i really dont think there is a real big problem with shooting a doe with a shotgun the day after gun season is over

WOW.... I think you may need better hunting role models... Ok all role models. Man listen bottom line is its illegal. Would you steal a car just because someone left it running and you saw it and needed a ride home.(I'd hope you'd say no here)... It's still illegal and you'd be wrong and a car thief. If you disobey the laws we have for hunting then your poaching. One day, One hour, one month, it doesn't matter. If you knowingly break the law you are in for trouble. You may get away with it for a while but you will get caught (and rightly so.) Plus things will escalate. First its a doe one day after gun season...then two days... Then a buck a month after season. Then mid summer.... when does it end. ... How do you draw the line.....Oh yeah they already did its called the law. Thats why they made the law.

Don't do it. And if you do don't call yourself a hunter!

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

i really dont think there is a real big problem with shooting a doe with a shotgun the day after gun season is over

WOW.... I think you may need better hunting role models... Ok all role models. Man listen bottom line is its illegal. Would you steal a car just because someone left it running and you saw it and needed a ride home.(I'd hope you'd say no here)... It's still illegal and you'd be wrong and a car thief. If you disobey the laws we have for hunting then your poaching. One day, One hour, one month, it doesn't matter. If you knowingly break the law you are in for trouble. You may get away with it for a while but you will get caught (and rightly so.) Plus things will escalate. First its a doe one day after gun season...then two days... Then a buck a month after season. Then mid summer.... when does it end. ... How do you draw the line.....Oh yeah they already did its called the law. Thats why they made the law.

Don't do it. And if you do don't call yourself a hunter!

Well said Jason
Old 01-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Do the right thing is more than a bunch of words. If you follow that way of thinking you will be much better off in life. Just to have you seriously ask those questions makes me feel you are following the wrong role model since you are young. I hope you get to hang out with someone who will help you find the proper path before you get into trouble.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

Delete this post.....it's really that stupid.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

+1^^^^
(Where do thesetypes ofridiculous question threadskeep coming from?)
Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I agree with GregH on this one, it's doing nothing but making us look bad.

And mossbergman, do us a favor and don't ever leave the current county you currently live in. I really don't feel like getting shot at on my land at night because you thought I was a good buck[&:]

Quick Reply: Hunting off season on private land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.