Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CAN'T find my buck UPDATE:

Old 12-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default CAN'T find my buck UPDATE:

well yesterday i shot a 10 pt. he ran right by me broadside when i took the shot he wasn't runnin mybe a slow jog. he feel as soon as I hit him so i walked up to take a look at him! i got about 10 ft/ away and he got up. i saw the hole it was a high shot but perfect as far as left and right. he couldn't realy use his front legs at 1st. then i began to reload! that was my biggest mistake was thinkin he was dead. but i tracked him yesterday with out and luck so last night i went out with them new bood lightsn found he turned and went up the hill. so we marked the blood and came back this morning. we tracked him for about 700 yds. n lost blood but it's so hard to find cause it's in an area that is like a moss w/ weeeds n it's very hard to spot the blood. needless to say i nvr found him. but do u think he is dead the blood was a lil bit dark n not a hole lotof itonce we got to the top of the hill. but at the bottom there was HUGE PUDDLES. with a 50. cal. muzzeloader is it possible to hit the air pocket and him survive or not. also with the info i have givin do you think the deer is alive?

this is the 1st deer i ahve nvr found!!!!! and it really leaves you w/ a horrible feeling
Old 12-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Default RE: CAN'T find my buck

i dnt knw but it wld be ezier to read if u typed nrml.

On the other hand it does suck to lose a deer that you shot and can't find.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 PM

hes probly dead have u thought of puting hunting dogs on him its leagl if its on a lease in akansas there leagle and i keep one for that reason every1 borrows him

Old 12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a liver shot...he's dead somewhere...Sorry to hear you lost him.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

is there any type of dog you have to have that will track him i ahve a friend that has a mountain cur idk if that would work or not???

Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM

MOSTdogs will track a deer but they will not bark but a trained hunting dog will it all bepends on the dog and how old the track is
Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM

I lost one like that once. Hit him with a .35 rem. high, behind the shoulder. I'm positive there was an exit wound. I jumped him a couple hours and a quarter mile after shooting him, he escaped and I never found him. Sounds like you hit this deer about the same, but you knocked him down, and it sounds like you found more blood than I ever did. It would certainly be worth a lot of looking.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think he will live with a 50 cal. hole behind the shoulder and high. It's just too much destruction in the mid-section. Do you think you pushed him?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Id go back and start over again, hes dead. Have you noticed any crows making any noise??? Seen any hawks flying around in the general area. Get back out there and see if you can find him.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hopeyour hunting area is not like mine the coyotes would probably have him by now.
You said you got him with a muzzle loader.
What kind of bullet were you using ?
Were you shootingPower Belts ???????

Quick Reply: CAN'T find my buck UPDATE:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.