Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wounded deer ?? do u shoot

Old 12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: wounded deer ?? do u shoot

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: big rockpile

ORIGINAL: crokit

regardless of the past issues, I'd give him a call & let him know about the wounded animal on his property. Maybe he'll let you on, probably not. I think the animal deserves that much respect, rather than a slow death.
This Guy comes up here for a couple weeks a year.The second time I met him,he was Camped on my property with a couple other guys.I run them off.

Every year it has been one thing or another for the last 15 years.Last year he was setting on the Fence Line with his Son so he could hunt my place and his.I told him what I thought of it.He told me he seen me and should have taken a shot at me.This year he took five shots at the tree limbs over me.

He is mad because when he bought property back here he didn't think anyone would ever move back in here and he would have free range of the whole area.He offerd to buy me out for half what I feel my place is worth.

Nope anymore I'm not going to waste my breath with him.

A piss'in match between two hunters is one thing but that just crossed the line. I would have called the law.
You need to get the LAW out there before something bad happens.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

AGREED!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

X3!!!! Get the law involved! If he is shooting above your head, its only a matter of time before something bad happens!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:55 PM

My peace of mind is what Ihave to livewith,would you sleep better to put it down or walk away.It is all up to you .How well do you sleep at night?I have killed 2 deer I have found along the roads still alive but could not get up . call me an outlaw if you want but I could not walk away and call that living right.May god be with you in every thing you do.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: big rockpile

ORIGINAL: crokit

regardless of the past issues, I'd give him a call & let him know about the wounded animal on his property. Maybe he'll let you on, probably not. I think the animal deserves that much respect, rather than a slow death.
This Guy comes up here for a couple weeks a year.The second time I met him,he was Camped on my property with a couple other guys.I run them off.

Every year it has been one thing or another for the last 15 years.Last year he was setting on the Fence Line with his Son so he could hunt my place and his.I told him what I thought of it.He told me he seen me and should have taken a shot at me.This year he took five shots at the tree limbs over me.

He is mad because when he bought property back here he didn't think anyone would ever move back in here and he would have free range of the whole area.He offerd to buy me out for half what I feel my place is worth.

Nope anymore I'm not going to waste my breath with him.

A piss'in match between two hunters is one thing but that just crossed the line. I would have called the law.
For one thing the Law don't like coming here,because they don't have vehicals that can get back here.I've have drove them back here on Man hunts and to serve papers.

They really won't do anything until someone gets shot.

big rockpile
Old 12-30-2007, 05:40 PM

i would shoot
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll never understand why post that ask people to admit to committing, or would commita crime are allowed.

The law is clear and they are responsible for letting the animal suffer, not me. When they stop treating me as a potential poacher (creating laws because someone might do something illegal) things will change.

My brother just took a doe that had been shot high in the spine. Had a chunk out of it. He had a tag for it and the animal on inspection would have recovered. He didn't know it at the time.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 PM

i wasent asking anyone to admit to killing a deer illgaly jus a question to see wat sum outher guys would do in case faced with that choice
Old 12-30-2007, 09:19 PM

Id wouldnt shoot if it was just a doe id feel bad but its not worth to never hunt again but i would shootif it had a fawn with it and then id use the sss (shoot shovel shutup
Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sip on a Beer with the DNR and when he tells you his true feelings....he says....shoot it....

Quick Reply: wounded deer ?? do u shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.