HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What's your perfect day to deer hunt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/224542-whats-your-perfect-day-deer-hunt.html)

superstrutter 12-27-2007 10:55 PM

What's your perfect day to deer hunt?

Mine is a bright sunny day with lows in the lower to mid 30's and highs in the lower to mid 50's. The deer down here seem to like it better that way also.

_Dan 12-27-2007 10:57 PM

RE: What's your perfect day to deer hunt?

Everyday.

JagMagMan 12-27-2007 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: _Dan
Everyday.
X2! Any day in the woods is a good day!

Jasonlester 12-28-2007 06:11 AM

Well like the other two replies I have to say anyday.

I have passed on days when its raining etc. But this year I killed a big buck in the pouring rain. Kinda proves I need to be out there every chance I get. Plus I just love it. If you prepare correctly even extreme cold won't run you out of the woods. So far this year I think I've only hunted a handfull of days below freezing. But like I said I already got my buck or I'd be out there more. (Got to see the family sometimes)

Jason

Bowflex 12-28-2007 06:27 AM

Wake up at noonish.
Eat breakfast, enjoy a cup of coffee.
Do the wife and or girlfriend.
Stroll out to stand.
Wait 2 minutes.
Shoot 170 class 10 pointer.

Somebody wake me up I must be dreaming.

yakuza wiz 12-28-2007 11:43 AM

like everyone else i have to say any day i can be out is a good day to me.
I'm not a big fan of sitting in the woods while it's raining in the fall. I don't see the point in getting sick then missing more time out there.

but if i can pick the perfect day.
clear skys with a low in the 20's and highs in the mid 40's with 10 mile an hour winds, the deer never seem to notice me up in the tree when it's like that.

BigTiny 12-28-2007 11:55 AM

Any day with rotten weather.

Jimmy S 12-28-2007 12:23 PM

Either...

Predawn temps of 15-20 with no wind and the leaves like frozen cornflakes.
That kinda day when you can hear anything move 100 miles away, especially during the rut.
Those days always seem to keep me alert for a longer period of time when I'm in my treestand.

Or..

Fresh snow that has stopped about 2am. That way the deer will be up feeding after being bedded down during the storm.
Then finding that big, fresh track and spending the rest of the daylight hours trying to outsmart him.

I believe most hunters will see very few deer if it's still snowing when they enter the woods because the deer are still bedded. It may be exciting and the woods sure do look beautiful with new snow everywhere, but IMHO, the only deer you will see are the ones you kick up.

timbercruiser 12-28-2007 12:41 PM

NW wind at 5 to 10mph, temp about 40, before or after a front, in rut, dark of the moon.

djschuett 12-28-2007 01:33 PM

The day when I get a deer or at least get to see some deer!

Anyday I can get out in the woods, watch wildlife, be away from work and responsability is a great day to hunt!