Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pennsylvania's Airport Buck!

Old 01-18-2002, 02:30 PM

Default Pennsylvania's Airport Buck!

I was wondering if anybody new what happened with that buck. How much did it officially score? Is it the state record? What happened to the buck shot this year that was supposidly a new state record?

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pennsylvania's Airport Buck!

Hey bucky I have the state record in my basemennt and to the first of your questions I heard the guy comitted suicide over some chick
Old 01-18-2002, 04:37 PM

Really, which guy killed himself, the one who shot the Airport buck or the one who shot the possible state record buck this year? Do you really have the state record in your basement? How big is he, how wide, how many points? You need to find some pics Cardeer!haha. I want to see the Chevelle and the deer. O yeah, throw a pic in of the people running away from your gun after showing up on your porch at mid night hahaha.

Old 01-18-2002, 05:41 PM

Buck Magnet, If this is the same buck it was shot by Jim Rowles in Punxutawney PA. The buck scored 203 1/8 nontypical and had 17 4/8`s inches of deductions with 23 scorable points with an inside spread of 23 4/8`s inches and an outside spread of 29 7/8`s inches and it had 34 3/8`s inches of nontypical points with 25 inch main beams and 49 inches of mass measurements.
Hope this is the buck you were lookin for if not it`s an impressive buck and its in the September 2001 issue of North American Whitetail.
Old 01-18-2002, 05:56 PM

Thats the one, the airport buck! He is a brute, its odd to think that that buck was shot only about 30 minutes from my house. Has anyone heard anything about the one from this year though? When is the drying period over? How many points.....

Old 01-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

BM, I used to have to travel through your neck of the woods, as a matter of fact I would stay at the Holiday Dome in Indina. Used to travel up to Dubois and over to State College. Looked like it would be some great hunting up there in that area.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:24 PM

Yeah MD, this is some good hunting up here. I like it anyways. There are some big bucks, they just always seem to be in the thickest piece of brush that is as close to a road, prison, airport, or house as possible. Go figure. It is a nice place to hunt though.

Old 01-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that was a big buck, would've loved to get him.
Visit My Hunting Page

Old 01-19-2002, 03:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey buck , i heard the guy who shot the airport deer commited suicide over some chick.I have a rack from a deer I shot in 1979 that has quadruple browtines and 84 inches of measurable mass in just the main beams.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get it measured, and tell us what it scores.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania's Airport Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.