Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Roar

Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buck Roar

Just bought the buck roar today. Anybody have one. If so give me some feed back and tell me if it really works.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Roar

i bought one and so far everytime i have used it, it has scared off the deer i was grunting at. not saying it doesn't work, it just hasn't worked for me in my area.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:45 AM

I have been using for several months now; called quite of few bucks in. Mr. Java likes it so much I bought him one for Christmas.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son has one. Opening morning he walked it, sat for 20 minutes, hit the roar just like the video said to. 3 minutes later shot a 3 point that was stomping at him.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i bought one and so far everytime i have used it, it has scared off the deer i was grunting at. not saying it doesn't work, it just hasn't worked for me in my area.
In my experiences withgruntingin bucks, ifyou are trying tocall indeer that are in visual range, a regular tending grunt is a much safer bet to start.If the deer doesn't respond to using the call as a regular buck grunt andstarts heading away, then you can try it as a roar as you have nothing to lose.
Withyounger, non-dominantbucks that are closer to your stand site, the roar can be intimidating, especially during the rut when smaller bucks have already been on thelosing end of a fight. Keep in mind the roar is a very aggressive call. The roar excels at bringing in bigger deer that are further out of eyesight. They come running in to see who is in their area.
This season was my first opportunity to try the roar, and once I used it mid-morning when I wasn't seeing any more buck movement. Itbrought in three bucks inside of ten minutes (one fork horn, one 2.5 y/o, and one dominant 4.5 y/o). I'm very confident these bucks would nothave all congregated to my stand location at the same time without the call as they all came from different directions and all very intent on finding the source of the call.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

i use the buck roar and the original can call together. i called in 3 small bucks in 45min a few weeks back. a few days later i jumped 3 does while walking a log road,i started calling with the roar and one of the bucks came back to me .while watching that doe i caught movement to my left ,i turned to watch a 6pt running right to me . he didn't make it. a day later in area,walking the same road i sat down on a big rock and started calling. as soon as i called a doe ran across the road in front of me ,i grunted again,she snorted,i grunted again and she snorted. this happened about 10 times til i caught movement behind her and out stepped a 5pt buck . at times any of these calls can be great.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have called up probably 6 or 7 different bucks with it this year. I called in a nice buck in Nov. in GA, that I missed at 30 yards (hit a vine). And I called in a 9 pt in AL that I killed on Dec 8. But I haven't had much luck with it since the deer started rutting. It seemed to work better for me in the pre-rut. But I haven't got to use it in the post-rut yet, and they say that's when it's at it's best. But, yes they do work.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:34 PM

I'll save my money for corn.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one, I called in a small buck, but I really like it for the snort. When I scare a deer, I give it to short snorts, and it will somtimes comeback, thinking I was just another deer. I lost the roar enhancer[:@](black chamber), but I called Primos, they sent me a new piece, $5(including S&H)
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

tried it many times and havent seen a deer 1 with it,now it sounds crappy for some reason..true talker sounds better, easy to change the sound,and have seen it turn deer around.

Quick Reply: Buck Roar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.