Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wolf Attack

Old 12-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wolf Attack

this is worth reading

http://www.menoutdoors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7554
Old 12-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolf Attack

Wow!! That's a crazy story!! They are very lucky!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOOOOOW!!That is some story. Good job on all fronts. Sounds like you ran into some starving animals!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM

WHOA!
that is the first time i have ever heard of a wolf going after someone like that.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Holy smokes thats a crazy night of sledding! Glad to hear every one is OK, Shadow too!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I got lucky also! This Bow season around the first week in Nov, I was walking out of the woods and I heard something walking in the corn field next to me. I stopped, it stopped. I walk a little more hearing it againand stop, and it stopped.I was closeto the field edge by this time and was a little freaked out, so I decided to turn andface what ever this was.This thing ran up to me and stopped about 10 yards out into the field. Itwas dark out and all I could make out was a large dark object. I had an arrowknocked and drew back while talking toit. about 30 seconds went by and it exhailedloudly, turned and trotted off.Later my girl friend was coming home and said she saw a wolfrun accross the road right in front ofher. Then I put it together, the wolf which was tracking me would have crossed the field between Me and the road at about the same time she was coming home. I started carring my pistol with me for the rest of Bow Season. This happend in central Wisconsin and there have been two farmers complaining to the DNR about dead Calves and wolf sightings on their property. Why bring in wolves DNR?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

spikeman,

I just now post a message under off season forum about a wolk attack. CNN is reporting it this morning, happened in Alaska on 3 women and their dogs.

dog1
Old 12-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear that everyone ended up safe. That's a scary story really especially with the kids involved.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

dont want to hijack the thread, but MM, the DNR was unsuccessful at reintroducing wolves, and i'd bet that 95%+ of the wolves in the state now naturally migrated over here from MN packs. So dont blame the DNR, blame MN.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If there wasn't pictures there would be no way I would believe that story. Up here in Canada there is not one recorded wolf killing of a human (checked before I posted). Having wolves go after dogs is not unusually. I've decades of experience tromping around the big woods (have logged over 30,000 km paddling the Canadian north) and countless stories of some very close encounters with wolf packs. I have never experienced a lone wolf or pack being in any way agressive (curious yes).This would cause me to think that there was something very wrong with this situation. First it is rare that 2 wolves travel together with out a pack. One yes but not 2. Second, that the 2nd wolf cannabolized the first so quickly.For some reason they must have been starving (lack of traditional prey). I wonder if at one time they were domesticated and then released. Very strange story and a first for me. I'm glad that no one was hurt.

Quick Reply: Wolf Attack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.