Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wolf Attack

Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wolf Attack

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

If there wasn't pictures there would be no way I would believe that story. Up here in Canada there is not one recorded wolf killing of a human (checked before I posted).
I think you need to check again. Pretty sure some nut job tried to hang out with some recently and was killed by them.

Anyone who wants to can find plenty of accounts of wolf attacks. That line often tooted about there being no recorded attacks is BS.

How hard did you check. Took me a second.

"A story reached my desk yesterday about the death of Kenton Carnegie, 22, a geology student. Carnegie was attacked and killed by wolves while hiking in remote Northern Saskatchewan. Carnegie is the first human known to have been killed by healthy, wild wolves in North America..."

Don't know what or why this claim is made. I've read plenty of local history where this line is proven false. This guy who died obviously bought into the lie and it cost him.

Not me baby. Dog shows me his teeth I don't need to know anymore. Even if I did buy into the lie I wouldn't want to be the first like this nut ball.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Do a little more research next time dreamer. This story about the Geology studentwas in Outdoor Life just a few months ago.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like I remember a couple of years ago the TVdocumentary about the release ofwolves into Yellowstone to get them re-established, and how elated the "environmentalists" were over it. Now what I see on TV is the wolves killing elk inside and outside Yellowstone as they have spread to neighboring states.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not.. But idaho is begining to endure many wolf related problems! Hopefully a hunting season will be available soon! Until then our only help are thing like "Aldicarb" a pesticide with an attitude! Shoot straight!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so I was wrong. I was off by one. Just read that story and as you also quoted, "Carnegie is the first human known to have been killed by healthy, wild wolves in North America....". My point exactly. In the history of North America, say 300-400 years of recorded history...only one???? In order for those wolves to have attacked there must be something wrong with them. You hear lots of stories but where is the evidence. No wait nodog, don't go into the woods....there may be a black panther. (just kidding. I was just wondering if anyone saw a black panther in the woods this past hunting season and thought that comment just might start the posting again).
Old 12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

And that is why dog is a man's best friend. Great job, Shadow!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 AM

what an amazing story!!! they all would have been hurt if it wasn't for Shadow.. Steak dinners for a month? More like, for LIFE !! for that save!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:32 PM

I wonder if he shot those wolves with his 10/22. Hard for me to imagine that getting the job done. I'm in WI, packin all the time....
Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Thats a cool story and they are lucky they didnt get hurt. Im surprised that the 10/22 did it too but he didnt mention any other rifles.