Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin huting...

Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Wisconsin huting...

Hey guys next year will be my first year deer hunting and I am plainning on going bow and gun hunting. I live in Kenosha, WI and would like to know some go places to hunt. I know we have the DNR free places to hunt but do they get crowded? Anyone know any land owners willing to let me hunt there land for a fee? Any other tips on how I would get some information on private hunting land I could hunt on?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin huting...

There's a lot of public land out there and most of it is underhunted for bow season. The spot that I usually go is 5 miles from my house. I didn't see another hunter there all fall. Look on county maps or platbooks. Good private land to hunt in the SE is difficult to find but possible. It's best to approach landowners in person to ask for permission. Offer to help farmers in return for hunting privileges. Labor on a farm is a typical tradeoff.