Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE) >

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Old 12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Neighbors shooting deer out of season

I don't think that you have enough to make the call on either!
You heard shots, but did not see any deer go down.
Might be shooting at something else.
Shotguns are not a poachers favorite gun.
All the above gives me enough doubt, not to call!
Besides there is a lot of shooting going on this time of year! I used to think "they are shooting all the deer" but, if all the shots you hear while hunting are at deer and a fraction of them connect, there would not be hardly any deer left!
Make sure of the facts before you make the call!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turn in poachers whether you know them or not.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

5:20 what the heck you still doing in your stand??lol

If your sure they are doing something illegal call, kinda makes you wonder why they are shooting after dark.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:11 PM

I know your feeling.
a few years back during the gun opener i heard two shots at least 50 minutes before sunrise about three hundred yards from my stand.
and shooting hours here are 30 minutes before and after dark.

I say better safe than sorry. call em up.
just think, they could have shot a particular buck you have been after.
and if they didn't do it or don't get caught at least a game warden will talk to them and they will think twice before they do anything of the sort.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 PM

I think your going to sound kinda stupid. " I heard these shots while there were deer in the field. They had to be shooting deer. But none of them feel dead." You know predators like coyotes like to move and are called in right at dark. Dude do you think they will give you a second thought about hearing shots only. Theres no proof in just hearing shoots at dusk. Maybe things are different where you live but here they would laugh all the way home.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Up here in the Pacific Northwest we hunt coyotes at night as well as day. Two people back to back calling.One with a rifle and one with a shotgun. I think you better investigate a little more before you start stirring the pot.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Fork Horn

call the warden and bust em...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Spike

I think anyone who doubts me is absolutely ridiculous! I called the game warden and we talked for 10 minutes on the phone, and he said he's had complaints before about these people doing this. I guess their notoriously known for being unethical and what not, he said he will pay them a visit. He knows that no ones shoots coyotes at 5:15 with a herd of deer on their field. Whether or not I saw one go down or not, he's checking them to see if theyturned the deer in or not. I think it's lame some people really have their doubts, if you even suspected a neighbor was breaking the LAW I would hope you would make sure they weren't. Shooting deer out of season is completely out of line, unethical and I hope anyone who does it loses their license for life! It also puts people's lives in danger being in the woods during BOW SEASON, while neighbors are throwing lead everywhere. I'm most concerned about my safety before anyone else'sbut I would hope everyone strives to abide by the law.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DMiller6868

I think anyone who doubts me is absolutely ridiculous! I called the game warden and we talked for 10 minutes on the phone, and he said he's had complaints before about these people doing this. I guess their notoriously known for being unethical and what not, he said he will pay them a visit. He knows that no ones shoots coyotes at 5:15 with a herd of deer on their field. Whether or not I saw one go down or not, he's checking them to see if theyturned the deer in or not. I think it's lame some people really have their doubts, if you even suspected a neighbor was breaking the LAW I would hope you would make sure they weren't. Shooting deer out of season is completely out of line, unethical and I hope anyone who does it loses their license for life! It also puts people's lives in danger being in the woods during BOW SEASON, while neighbors are throwing lead everywhere. I'm most concerned about my safety before anyone else'sbut I would hope everyone strives to abide by the law.
I agree with you if they are shooting deer out of season. Don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is you better make darn suretheir poaching deer. Not varmint hunting. Did you actually see a deer go down or wounded after the shots.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Neighbors shooting deer out of season (UPDATE)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.