Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Control

Old 12-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Control

Walker, you sound like a decent person, but not respecting another hunters opinions and strategies is not only disrepectful, obviously, but well beyond ignorant, stupid even. Other hunters who do not practice scent-elimination are ignorant. Why? because ignorance is a lack of knowledge, an opportunity to learn, if you will. Stupidity is having that prior knowledge and still choosing to go against it. Too many people take offense to being called ignorant. I, personally, would rather be called ignorant that stupid becaue, like i said, ignorance is an opportunity to learn. So, Walker, i just ask you to RECOGNIZE their ignorance and, while it may be hard to deal with incompetent folks, try to shed to light to broaden their horizon.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:29 PM

Something just struck a bad chord with me. The frustrations of this season are taking a toll on me, I reckon. I appreciate you being decent about it. Sorry to all who read that immature crap. Give me a free pass this time
Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: walker12

scent-a-way body wash/shampoo ($3), scent free detergent ($6), and i spray scent eliminator on myself and my boots right before i start down the trail. just my opinion, but i think scent lok is b.s. the indians did it without scent lok, so why can't we??
I have read several articals over the years about Indians and how they use to hunt. One tactic was to take ash from old fires (charcoal) and rub it over there bodies to help cover there scent. So in an essence scent control has been around for thousands of years. Sorry I dont have any direct quotes or links to the articals.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

some of you say scent-lok works ,the scent-lok brand is why cabelas and bps have a law suit filed against them now for false advertisment, the people who filed the suit say,they have proof it does not work.

i think the best cover scent is anything that is natural to your hunting area.you are never going to eliminate your scent,but you greatly improove your changes of not being smelled. i know guys that work on farms in hog crap all day ,then go hunting and they kill lots of deer.i guess the deer don't mind the hog crap.