Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Trespassing on private property >

Trespassing on private property

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespassing on private property

Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trespassing on private property

I would keep watching for the person, when you do find them politley let them know that they are trespassing and politely ask them to leave and if they need help, show them the property lines...

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:20 AM

I was on the property I hunt the other day with the owner. We were walking on the backside, its 250 acres. Well we were getting pretty close to the back and he was showing me a good spot when we walked up on a homemade feeder. We took it down but it makes you think twice about just sitting out there!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Tresspassers!!!!!~ I had that problem but NO Longer DO>

Have a sign " no trespassing/no hunting" about 50 yrds more down the road " Now you have gone too F***$%% Far" and about another 50 yds further I would find a vehicle with 4 flat tires or tire tracks with rim markings in the dirt from my upside down harolds LOL. Word got out and things have been good
Old 12-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with double checking with the land owner. We had a similar problem on a farm we hunt. We checked with the owner/farmer and come to find out his Dad was giving permission .
Also I knew a guy that got permission to hunt some ground and was told he was the only one who had permission . Well one day he came across another hunter and he confronted him and tried to run him off. Come to find out it was the owners nephew . Guess who lost thier hunting rights
Old 12-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

That kind of raises an interesting question. Just because you have permission to hunt a tract of land, do you have the legal right to even confront others that you encounter there?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

That kind of raises an interesting question. Just because you have permission to hunt a tract of land, do you have the legal right to even confront others that you encounter there?
I wouldnt think so. I could see it if you had the property leased.
On one farm we have permissiom to hunt we were instructed by the ownerto only get thier names [if possible], description.and plate # description of vehicle[ if possible] and pass the info on to her . We were basically asked not to get arguementive or into a heated confrontation with someone. Believe it or not but this approach has worked . We havefound standsand saw people and it may have took us a bit to figure out who they were and found out they were coming off a joining property we passed the info on to the landowner and one phone call to that landowner it was stopped.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Not in Indiana, only the landowner of record or a Conservation Officer/LEO can.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM

The footprints we saw on the side of the creek gave it away cause he told me he hasn't been back that far....and NO one else has permission on the land I called the landowner today....im going to contact my district wildlife officer and see what he will do.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not much that he can do. One thing you can do is to make sure that all portions of the property are clearly posted.At least that way there are no misunderstandings.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:04 PM

We have a tremendous problem with this around here.....there's a highway/railroad track the seperates the land I live on from about 50 acres on the other side....it's basically a big broken up field that we keep planting in winter wheat for the whitetails, we have a feeder out there, and a few stands for varying wind....there's also a 5 acre pond on it that has a very nice largemouth and crappie population.

We cannot for the life of us keep people out of this place. The gate stays locked, and there's a sign on the gate stating no trespassing, hunting, or fishing, and it lists my name and phone number....but I still have to run people out of there a few times a week. I find people in my deer stands, and out in my aluminum boat in the pond...I've actually walked in and had people drop my boat, which they were carrying out with them, and run off....I've just started taking license plate numbers and calling them in....but not a lot has been done out here, they usually just come ask them to leave.

We have another plot of land, about 300 acres, that's solely for deer hunting, located five or so miles down the road....I'm always finding deer stands and corn feeders out there. It's probably not legal but anything I find on my(clearly marked) place back there becomes personal property...feeders, stands, what not. These folks are setting up with the complete knowledge that it's trespassing. So, yeah, thanks for the goodies fellas.

Quick Reply: Trespassing on private property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.