Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite Part of Hunting

Old 12-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Favorite Part of Hunting

Being in the woods, high in a tree stand, observing and enjoying the wild life going 'bout their daily routine. I imagine myself as just being the "eyes"of the woods ... I'm never bored in the woods.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love being in a stand without the dailycomplications of modern life and being able to watch nature through my own eyes instead of a TV. I also like to be able to think freely in the treestand and let my mind wander.

When i run deer dogs with friends i like the camaraderie. I run deer dogs to have fun with other people and listen to the dogs run, not to kill deer. It is a very inefficient way to try and kill bucks compared to stillhunting.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

It's getting out and seeing all different species of wildlife in their own environment. It's almost therapeutic. Being able to do something with your friends that you all enjoy is top on my list too. Harvesting an animal is what we strive for, and it's a wonderful bonus, but it too is just one part of the hunting experience.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Spike

I enjoy the entire deer camp experience...eating...drinking...telling stories.

But...my favorite trip each year, we do a trip 2 weeks before firearm for recon/scouting and I really enjoy exploring and walking through new areas of the woods each day...I have found so many cool strange things in the middle of no where.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy the natural feeling of being a predator, trying to outmanuever my prey. People are always forgetting that we are animals. Hunting is one place where we can revel in the fact that we are. I also love seeing the deer as the masters of their environment. When I'm in the woods, I'm clearly in their element and home, and its a really welcoming feeling for one of them to accept me and my abilities enough to offer its life to me and my family.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Watchingwildlife without them knowing I'm there is very nice, but the icing on the cake is laying my hands on a deer I was fortunate enough to harvest
Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 AM

Wow good question, As a newb Im eat up with it lol!

Being out in the woods and enjoying nature. Listening to the chirps of birds and the scurrying of squirrels, much better than the sirens, horns and jake braking i hear in my city
As a fireman this is huge on. I was telling my wife the other day thats its amazing how when you really do get quiet and away from the noise its cool how much noise small animals make, like birds, chipmunks and squirrels. I thought I had godzilla walking my way the other day.....................it was a FAT squirell! I also like to be able to share it with my daughters. Its clean and pure. Ive been cowboying my whole life, ranch, rodeo etc and I love sports that are true to our American way, the good old days, if you get my drift. Aside from Firefighter, I am a Farrier and love working with horses all day, just getting away from it all, thats what I like about hunting!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:03 PM

I like it because I can get away from the Wife!!!

It also seems like everybody is pretty much the same... Everybody likes watching the animals with their everyday routine peace and quiet... What I also like that wasn't mentioned was the smell of fresh nature itself..

I to also like the hunting stories, Being with friends, and the time off work.. What is most enjoyable is the squirrels... Love sitting and watching those little things, They can be quite funny to watch.. But mostly getting away from the wife!
[/align]