Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

coyotes killing deer

Old 12-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default coyotes killing deer

This was a rumor going around, But I just had it confirmed from a reliable source.
Here in southern New Jersey we have alot of coyotes now. These coyotes are on the large size, maybe 50lb range. There was a film that was floating around on line, I can't find it now, of a coyote mother feeding here pups with fawns and yearlings. Over 2 1/2 months she pulled a dozen deer back to the den for her pups. There was a coyote killed with in five miles of my home. It had a tag inits ear. The tag had a number, a phone number, and the word Texas.Whwn this phone number was called they had said that the coyote was purchased by a insurance company. Supposely the insurance companies are purchasing coyotes and releasing them in souther Jersey. The Coyotes are killing deer and this is lowering the number of deer and auto collision, which mean lower accident claims for the insurance company. I can't figure out haow the New Jersey division of fish and game can allow this to happen. If one mother was able to kill a dozen deer in about three months, the way coyotes multiple the deer aren't gonna have a chance.
Has anyone heard of this in Jersey, or in any other state?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyotes killing deer

yes. they also have tagged and released cougars, to controll the coyotes. Then they had to release sasquatches to controll the cougars.

with all the deer gone the turkeys are out of controll, so the dnr dropped tagged rattlesnakes out of thier black helicopters to controll them.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

This was a rumor going around
that is your answer.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Here is the answer you are looking for.

No matter what hunting camp you go to, you will always find someone that knows someone that said that someone seen this or that.

The truth is - if you knew where the coyote den was at - why didn't you set up there and kill the mother and kill the father and kill the pups and then you wouldn't have all of these problems.

This same story has been all through Pennsylvania and Ohio and the other states. Is it true? Probably, did your friend see it in your backyard - probably not. Coyotes are a very private animal and do not like human intervention.

They will visit your area very late at night and probably doesn't go out of the den very much during the day time.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

idk what to tell ya i no for a fact i set a trail cam up on a coyote den just to see how many deer it would get in 3 months of when the littles one are growing up. and it got 19 fawns n some other asst. of animals! NOW b-4 u go jumpin 2 conclutions about Y i ddin't kill this coyote b-4 it killed them deer is because i wanted 2 find out what it was capable of!!1 i can't stop every coyote out there so i made a little experiment out of it n yes they did die!! i shot the mother put on a KIYI n out came dad. then a water hose 2 the hole sent the pups out n they also fell victim ther were 5 pups mother n father n nothin but bones on 1 side of the den pretty crazy!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Yotes are'nt gonna reduce a healthy herd.In a situation where the deer excede the carry capacity, resulting in sick, and malnourished deer, then they will get some kills. They'll get some in deep snow areas as well.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NiceAndBlue

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

This was a rumor going around
that is your answer.
Rumor is the word! NO ONE ever offers any proof of the conspiracy stockings other then "I heard from ........ ". Like any doing it secretively would put a tag with contact info on the animal.

Buckeye -"text talk" is very hard to read for the many who do not do it. And many will simply skip over it. Just my opinion.

Steve

Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Buckeye,

Can you post some of those photos? Just to see the coyote dragging the deer. Makes me think I need to shoot more coyotes to help the deer.

Thanks
Jim
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like Buckeye is practicing his text message abbreviations for the new phone Santa is going to bring him.

Quick Reply: coyotes killing deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.