Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FINALLY GOT ONE

Old 12-13-2007, 02:37 PM

Default FINALLY GOT ONE

Well, my husband finally got one. I had posted earlier about "New to hunting" and got some very helpful tips (Thanks). This is the first season of deer hunting for both of us. Our first day out (opening day) Jay walked up on a buck and he ran away, Jay continued up the hill and got in his spot. Later he had a doe come to him and he got excited, took a shot that he shouln't have (should have waited) and missed. That was all he saw that day. I was a little ways off to the east of him by the creek and I had a pack of about 6 doe come my direction twice. I never had the shot so naturally I didn't even try. That was all for that day. We went out again the next weekend and didn't see anything. Well, this past Saturday we went out again. It was a little warm (Alabama) and didn't think we had a chance but we went anyway. We got to the woods about 6:00 and I started up the old logging road while Jay was about 25 yrds to my left in the woods. About the time I got to the top of the hill I heard a snort and tracks behind me. I immediately turned around and got down on one knee because I couldn't tell which way he went. Not a minute later I heard Jay fire off a shot, and then another. He called me on the radio and told me "Game over, I got him." Well of course I got excited too. By 7:00 that morning (in the woods 1 hour) we were dragging him down the hill. Now, it's my turn.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FINALLY GOT ONE

Nice deer. Well done. Congrats. Welcome to deer hunting.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story...great job. Congrats. It's nice to team up with your spouse for the hunt. My wife and I have hunted together for quite awhile. As a matter of fact she scored on a nice 8 point this year... I didn't! LOL It was a great time though.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, congrats on the husband wife duo, NICE!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Gongrats to both of you.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

congrats
Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go...Congrats to you both!!!...That's a good looking buck.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM

nice buck congrats and welcome to deer hunting
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats , good luck on getting your deer
Old 12-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to him... great looking deer!

Quick Reply: FINALLY GOT ONE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.