Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you hunt alone or with other people? >

Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I'd rather hunt alone, but I occasionally hunt with others.
52.78%
I'll only hunt alone.
2.78%
I hunt with others as much as possible. But still hunt alone at times.
37.50%
I'll only hunt with others.
6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you hunt alone or with other people?

The post "My father and I" got me thinking. I love to hunt and will hunt and do hunt by myself. However they is just something about having someone to there with you on a hunt. Even if you don't sit right together it is still better for me to have someone with me when I come out of the woods. I hunt alone mostly but it is usualy on my father's property so after a hunt I'll go in and have a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze with him and my mom.

I think most people will be like me but I figured I'd ask.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Most 99% of my hunting is done alone. I got tired years ago of having people back out at the last minute or trying to come up with excuses to leave early. I know when I plan a trip that Im going hunting...till I feel like quitting..be it 2 hours or 2 weeks. I dont like being at the mercy of other people.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alone that way I can do as I want.....Been hunting alone for 12 yrs now,my friend I used to hunt with could never sit for over a hour or two then he would walk out or to my stand.......Besides I like to still/stalk hunt about 80% of the time.....
Old 12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only person that I hunt with is my youngest son, but even then, we hunt separately.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy hunting with other guys especially to compare notes at the end of the hunt!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 PM

well right now i cant hunt alone i have to be 16 so i hunt with other people only, but that is for right now.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy hunting alone for the freedom and solitude. You can stay as long as you want and leave when you want. But, I also hunt with others for the safety and the fun. It's nice to make small pushes and still hunt in tandem. It's also nice to have someone to check in on the radio with and to help drag. By hunting with someone I mean as close as 250 yards or as far as a mile apart. It's great to get out alone and clear my head. I hunted one day of muzzleloader season this fall by myself from daylight to dark. But later in the season when making drives, I'll enjoy the laid back company of as many as 5 other hunters.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 PM

I would Rather hunt alone.
seems like every time I hunt with other people we always start talking.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Most 99% of my hunting is done alone. I got tired years ago of having people back out at the last minute or trying to come up with excuses to leave early. I know when I plan a trip that Im going hunting...till I feel like quitting..be it 2 hours or 2 weeks. I dont like being at the mercy of other people.
so very true!!! i have even left people that have not showed up ontime., i say to them ., we are leaving at this time .,if you are not ther e.,i leave without you .,!! my dad makes sure he is at my house 1 hour before we leave.,lol.,!!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

For deer hunting I very much prefer to hunt alone. I do this a short distance from my truck, I get to see people at night for company. I can handle anything I get into on my own.

I went on my first elk hunt in October 2006. This was a high altitudewilderness solo backpacking hunt (I was unsuccessful). One of the hard parts of this was not having some one else to talk with at night and being alone in the middle of f-in nowhere. It would be good to do this kind of hunt with a partner for moral support, for encouragement, and for help when trouble happens.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.