Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Whenever i go hunting i do what the Indians use to do( or so I am told)i ask the spirits that if any mature deer wishes to cross over to the other side then would they be so kind as to let that animal walk w/i range of my hunting abilities.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 PM

I ALWAYS pray for see and shooting a deerthe night before and even a few times during the hunt.. Most important before I start climbing my tree stand I always pray for the safety of me and the people all around me.. With out praying for the safety of others It just isn't a good hunt for me![/align]
Old 12-10-2007, 08:11 PM

desperate times call for desperate measures.
do it all the time....but only when I haven't seen anything in awhile.
whats amazing is after i prayed quite a few times deer would show up within minutes.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM

yup sure do.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I never pray for a deerI prey for a deer. Seriously.... all my prayers are after the kill to give thanks.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM

I find myself praying alot in the woods, but I don't know that I've ever asked for a deer, a shot, etc. I love to hunt, but more than anything I love the ability to think that the solitude and peacefulness hunting gives me.

Short story:

On December 13th last year, I found out that my only child who was 6 weeks old at the time needed major surgery. We were told that this was something that really needed to be done and that we needed to make a quick decision. It wasn't something life-threatening, but something that if not corrected could be life-altering.

All of you with kids can probably relate. The birth of a child, particularly a first child, is a very dramatic time that changes your life. You sleep little, question many things, and have your life turned upside down. This is just with a typical healthy baby.

My wife had a hard time understanding, but between our meetings with numerous doctors, I spent all the time I could in the woods. It wasn't because of the hunt (I had actually filled all my tags by the time we found out that this procedure was necessary), it was because I knew that out in those trees my head would be the most clear.

I sat in my stand, thinking of all the things I had in this world that I should be thankful for. I prayed and thanked God over and over. I asked him to help guide me.

God answered my prayers. My daughter had a succesfull surgery on Jan. 3rd of last year. She was too young to ever remember it. I truly believe that without that time I spent in the woods, praying to the Lord, and trying to make the best decision possible, the outcome would have been diffferent. Not from the standpoint of the care my daughter received, but from my own piece of mind and ability to be strong for my wife and the rest of my family.

Hunting is the one activity I do that allows me to truly think. Yes, I love shooting a big deer or just putting food on the table as much as anyone else, but hunting is much more about bigger things in life than the harvesting of an animal. Maybe I feel that way because I live in the city and my time in the outdoors is limited, but after last year, my faith in God and the power of thought and prayer is stronger than at any time before in my life.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Spike

I give thanks after the animal is down.

I have great respect for nature, and never take anything without gratitude, and returning something of benefit.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see here...where do I start? I pray for a safe hunt..... I pray for strength and a steady hand when the time comes and most of all thank God again after its all over...hit or miss! Just something about time spent in the woods that puts things into perspective and gets your head clear and right...even if its just for a few hours. Sitting in a treestand on a late October day with the leaves changing...ahhhh man.....after 30 years of hunting it STILL gives me chills. Beauty like that doesnt just happen!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 PM

First of all, I ask God to give me a safe hunt. Then I just ask for his will to be done, and acknowledge that I trust him to provide me with a deer if he should choose to. I ask for his guidance in being an ethical hunter, and also ask that I would glorify himwith my hunting in some way.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yeh, I pray.
I tell him he is in control and what ever his will will be.
He know exactly whats gonna happen, since he has my life writen from birth to death.
Everything I do, or am about to do, he already knows about.

By the way, after the kill, all the glory should go to him.

"What We do in Life...Echoes in Eternity"...

Quick Reply: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.