Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Old 12-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Default RE: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

I think it's pretty selfish to pray to see deer or shoot deer. Like the big guy doesn't have enough to do. I imagine thanking him after would be alright.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 PM

I always like to thank HIM for allowing me to wake up to another beautiful day and spend the day in some of His most beautiful country and ask Him to keep me safe and to allow me to harvest a deer if it is in His will that day. And I thank him if I do get to take an animal. I just can't describe how thankful I am to be able to get out and hunt and spend time outdoors with good health because it only through the grace of GOD.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea... But he never lisens lol...
Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I definitely seem to pray more during the season, it is more one on one time.....One thing I always try to do is give thanks for the animal and what it means to me. We should be greatful and asking to be watched over throughout the season of climbing trees, perching up there in winds, while sleepy, when overly excited etc. Nothing wrong with it IMO
Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say the same prayer before every single hunt. Just thankin God for blessing me with an opportunity to do what i love most, and i do ask that he bless me with opportunites, whatever they may be. They could be abeautiful sunrise/sunset, seeing a nice buck, gettin a shot at a nice buck, seeing an animal behave a way i've never seen, seein a bear or coyote, animals i dont see regularly when deer hunting. the possibilites are endless, and He always comes through, obviously.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM

I always pray. It works everytime for me. I pray for an exciting, safe season and the opportunity for a shot. I thank him for this beautiful world he has blessed us with and the ability to get out and hunt!! I also pray for a steady hand!! (which has worked as well)
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM

Hey man i pray almost every night before i go hunting and i pray real hard and most of the time i do see some. whether i hit them is a different story. im a catholic but im pretty sure its alright as long as your praying for the right reasons. AmateurHunter i pray that i take them humanely too
Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Yea... But he never lisens lol...
I HEAR YA BOSS. I LOOK AT IT LIKE HES BUSY WATCHIN OVER OUR TROOPS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT. ID RATHER TRADE THE LIFE OF A DEER FOR SOMEONES DAD SON BROTHER HUSBAND NEFEW. I JUSS HOPE HE LISTENS SOME TIME SOON CAUSE IM GITTIN A LIL MAD LOL
Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM

Before I got married I prayed for deer, then my wife put an end to it because she believes there is more important things in worldto pray about. It took awhile but I agree with her.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I don't pray for any animal to be placed in my path while hunting (that's why it's called hunting and not shopping), but I do give thanks when I have been fortunate to kill an animal. Pray for what is truly needed and not for what you just want...kind of looses the meaning to me.

Quick Reply: ANY ONE PRAY FOR A DEER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.